Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PantherTrain84

Back in the hunt for the 1st overall pick..

102 posts in this topic

DT or OT please. We gotta get better in the trenches - both of 'em. Take the best lineman prospect on the board. Hell, I'd be tempted to do it in the 1st and the 2cd, maybe even the 3rd, hell maybe even the whole fugging draft.

2 people like this

DT or OT please. We gotta get better in the trenches - both of 'em. Take the best lineman prospect on the board. Hell, I'd be tempted to do it in the 1st and the 2cd, maybe even the 3rd, hell maybe even the whole fugging draft.

I agree, we need the best trench player in the first, be it Star Lotulelei or Jonathan Hankins, or Luke Joeckel or Jake Matthews/Taylor Lewan

1 person likes this

We are mathematically eliminated from the hunt now. So you can shut up about playoffs.

GENO!!!!!!

If we get the #1 pick we will trade down as Geno will picked first overall.

we have needed to take a DT in the first for, oh, for about for-******* ever now. They draft a gotdamn offensive tackle and I'm gonna, well I will probably not be too surprised. After all its the panthers we're talking about here.

GENO!!!!!!

If we get the #1 pick we will trade down as Geno will picked first overall.

If we end up with the #1 overall pick, I hope someone falls in love with Geno or one of the other QB prospects. I just don't see it.

we have needed to take a DT in the first for, oh, for about for-******* ever now. They draft a gotdamn offensive tackle and I'm gonna, well I will probably not be too surprised. After all its the panthers we're talking about here.

OT is a HUGE need. As is DT as shown by what Ron Edwards' absence has done to our defense....

I also think our SOS is fairly high too in case of ties in the records we are on the crap end.

OT is a HUGE need. As is DT as shown by what Ron Edwards' absence has done to our defense....

Yep. Gross just isn't the same player anymore, has a huge cap hit, and he's going to be 33 by the start of next season. At best, he's a stop gap option at this point.

An elite OT in the 1st wouldn't upset me one bit. I'd love to go OT/DT or vice versa back to back in the 1st and 2cd. We'll have to see how things play out, but that would be the ideal scenario for me.

1 person likes this

My preference is to go Star Lotulelei in the first, and then DJ Fluker in the second....

2 people like this