Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Back in the hunt for the 1st overall pick..

102 posts in this topic

Posted

OT is a HUGE need. As is DT as shown by what Ron Edwards' absence has done to our defense....

huge need yes but we really don't need a star. After all we are talking about a guy who all he has to do is be better than Jordan Gross so JG can go over to the other side. Should be able to find some scrub-ass 3rd round Tubb-O that can accomplish that IMO.

While it is a need I do not value the two needs equal enough to go BPA between those two positions. I would go so far as to say I would take the 3rd ranked DT in this draft over the top ranked OT at the same pick. We are never gonna be a ball control offense as long as we have Cam so all pro Tackles are not necessary. We have a stud in the middle of the D-line and we win some of these games where we got gashed up the middle all afternoon in spite of the terrible (last two weeks excluded) QB play, OLine play, Runningback play, etc. The patchwork, unherladed Oline looked good enough today to get the job done and there is young talent all over that Chief D line despite their record.

Posted

We can't get by with piss poor blocking on the offensive line if we wan't to be able to take shots down field though. Piss poor blocking is exactly what we're getting though. Like I said, my preference would be to go Star in the first, and DJ Fluker in the second, but there's no way I would take Jenkins over Joeckel....

Posted

We specialize in bad timing.

Very possible we end up with the #2 pick overall which the Rams got 3 #1s and a 2nd for from the Skins for the chance at RGIII.

I'd be happy trading out for half that and a competent GM/HC combo making the extra #1 count.

Posted

Chance Warmack would like a word with you

Who?

Posted

Who?

You know. The bull dozer LG for Alabama. The guy is a rhino.

Posted

I d like jr. To put on his jerry jones goggles this draft and say star letuei or bust, just like he did with mo claiborne. Do what it takes to get it done minus giving up our 2 this year.

Posted

You know. The bull dozer LG for Alabama. The guy is a rhino.

A lG with a top 5 pick...wow

Posted

A lG with a top 5 pick...wow

Haha no where did I say pick him with a top 5 pick. All I did was identify him since you didn't know who he was

Posted

I'd say we'll be in a good position to draft whoever we want if we keep losing games like this.

Posted

DT with our top 5 pick.

WR in round 2.

Posted

go team!

we can do this guys!

Posted

Trade down