#1 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,302 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:34 AM

Which one do you think is a bigger need and why?

I will start it

I feel like we need a franchise LT. Gross is obviously on the decline. He has been beat like a drum this year. He's old and he's expensive. We really need a blue chip LT to protect Cam and to solidify our shotty line. We protect Cam, he makes better throws, we run better, hold the ball longer, rest our defense etc...

You can't beat the elite teams/defenses without a great OLine...playoff teams have great OLines...

#2 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,625 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:40 AM

DT- today we saw why.

#3 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

• HUDDLER
  • 2,695 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:40 AM

We're one DT away from having an elite D Line. After seeing Hardy take some snaps at the nose, I like the below lineup for years to come.

CJ/Star/Hardy/FA

#4 Baby Andy Reid

Baby Andy Reid

finally someone fatter than Alice

• HUDDLER
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:43 AM

I think dt, but its hard to judge when CJ is getting held every single play and the announcers dare to remark on them not getting a penalty called against them all game. Complete joke. That said hardy is much better at end then dt. You FAIL!!!

#5 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

• HUDDLER
  • 2,695 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:47 AM

Hardy moves inside on passing downs anyways. Most of his sacks has come from the DT position, and Frank is going to continue to get better, so we need him on the field as well.

#6 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,677 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:52 AM

I think even with our shitty o-line, our offense would be just fine against most teams if we had an elite defense.

#7 Frizzy350

Frizzy350

• HUDDLER
  • 2,244 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:03 AM

Frankly I think we could make the Dline elite with a blue chip DT. The Oline could go from absolutely atrocious to respectable with some quality depth and a decent guard, which we could pick up later in the draft or in FA on the cheap. Bell looks serviceable, gross isn't playing elite, but he's not playing too terribly either. Kalil will be back next year. Amini I think has promise.

I also think with a new coaching staff what we have on the Oline could look alot better despite it's lack of talent. If you watch other teams with poor Oline talent they still know how to force a pocket. I think much of chud's playcalling requires perfect execution and demands each blocker to be able to hold their man and doesn't leave room for any one guy to let someone slip through.

#8 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 4,776 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:05 AM

Both.

We need to address the trenches in a big way this offseason.

If Star is on the board, I take him because I think he's the best lineman prospect available. I wouldn't mind at all going best lineman prospect on the board in the 1st and the 2cd, barring another position of need (WR and DB in particular) presenting far better value for the pick.

#9 Strawman

Strawman

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • LocationKissimmee FL

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:18 AM

1st rd DT either Star or the guy from Ohio State. The Giant model, to beat the elite offensive teams, you have to get to the Rodgers, Mannings, and Brees and make them hurry. With a stud in the center, the line becomes formidable.

2nd rd Best available either Guard, or Safety, preferred in that order. I don't believe the OTs are as bad as some think, with better Guard play, the tackle play will improve. The main thing is getting 5 guys there who can grow into a unit.

#10 Keep Pounding

Keep Pounding

Smith & Wesson 460

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,767 posts
  • LocationIn your backyard!!!!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:20 AM

CJ, Dwan, Star and Hardy, with Alexander rotating in.

#11 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

• HUDDLER
  • 2,695 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:22 AM

I hate when I get a hard on for these draft prospects. Man I want Star in the worse way.

#12 jayflip

jayflip

vaya con dios

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,722 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:59 AM

OLine please. Keeping Cam upright is a priority. DT is a huge need as well, but with Gross' salary cap figure and his putrid play, he will be gone and we'll need a stud LT to protect Cam.

#13 SgtJoo

SgtJoo

Reppin that Bull City

• HUDDLER
  • 3,486 posts
  • LocationDurham, NC

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:03 AM

I'm on the Star bandwagon. Draft Oline in the second round if you have to.

#14 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,449 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:30 AM

Is it okay if I say it's an equal need? Oline is horrible across the board though with Kalil out. But we can't win the way teams can run on us the way they do. Both have to be addressed in a major way.

#15 Guest_Pablo Honey_*

Guest_Pablo Honey_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:38 AM

It's obviously DT. I like to get my DTs in free agency though.

Our draft pick should be on Joeckel or warmack.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com