• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#11 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:22 AM

I hate when I get a hard on for these draft prospects. Man I want Star in the worse way.

#12 jayflip

jayflip

vaya con dios

• LocationSan Diego
SUPPORTER

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:59 AM

OLine please. Keeping Cam upright is a priority. DT is a huge need as well, but with Gross' salary cap figure and his putrid play, he will be gone and we'll need a stud LT to protect Cam.

#13 SgtJoo

SgtJoo

Reppin that Bull City

• LocationDurham, NC
SUPPORTER

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:03 AM

I'm on the Star bandwagon. Draft Oline in the second round if you have to.

#14 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• Locationtied to your basement wall
HUDDLER

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:30 AM

Is it okay if I say it's an equal need? Oline is horrible across the board though with Kalil out. But we can't win the way teams can run on us the way they do. Both have to be addressed in a major way.

#15 Guest_Pablo Honey_*

Guest_Pablo Honey_*
Guests

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:38 AM

It's obviously DT. I like to get my DTs in free agency though.

Our draft pick should be on Joeckel or warmack.

#16 Seal (SmittyIsOurSavior)

Seal (SmittyIsOurSavior)

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• LocationSydney, Australia
HUDDLER

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:51 AM

We need Jesus.

Also, a Star DT, another quality CB, at least one more good safety (preferable two), maybe an OLB depending on B's status next season, another star wideout, good LT, good LG & RG (maybe Silatolu grows into it), and a semi decent kicker (I wont even be picky).

Then we'll have a playoff team! We're almost there!!!

#17 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• LocationSC
HUDDLER

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:12 AM

I'd have to go with DT.

#18 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

SUPPORTER

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:56 AM

DT, easily. The O-line has been bad, but I think the return of Kalil will have a much bigger impact than just how well our Center blocks his man.

As soon as R. Edwards went out, there was an immediate and noticeable difference in our defensive ability overall. Beyond just how the drop-off from him to Fua affects stopping runs up the middle, it has a trickle down effect on every facet of the defense. When teams know they can run up the middle (and our team knows they can run up the middle) it affects playcalling, reaction times, effectiveness of play actions and fakes, etc. Our defense was very respectable (well until our opponents' last drives anyway) with Ron. Without him, we got embarrassed by BRADY QUINN. Imagine what it would be like with a stud like Star (or Hankins).

Conversely to Pablo Honey's opinion, I believe the O-line can be more effectively and economically fixed through FA and later rounds in the draft than DT. It would cost too much to get a good DT in FA, especially when we have other needs that would be better addressed in FA than the draft (FS). The only need we have on O-line that can't be cheaply fixed through FA or rounds after the 1st in the draft is LT, and while Gross has been declining it's not like he's been as bad as Fua is at DT. I have to believe some of Gross's decline has been caused by the patchwork nature of our O-line. The O-line is a very interdependent group, individual pieces are more affected by poor play by the other pieces than most groups.

#19 Car123

Car123

Newton's Law

HUDDLER

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:48 AM

We need a safety

#20 Guest_Padula1289_*

Guest_Padula1289_*
Guests

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:33 AM

Both are not playing too well. I think o-line is the bigger need. Gross has already taken a step back due to age, so he's only getting worse, Amini hasn't done that bad of a job but he doesn't done a good one, Kalil will come back just as good, I'm hoping we get someone for RG instead of hangartner, and I personall feel Byron is going to be good but overall the line is weak especially without Kalil. We do need a DT BADDDDDD though

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users