Homeless man's boot's gone already, man wants "piece of the pie"

• Please log in to reply
180 replies to this topic

#71 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

Moderators

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:05 AM

I'm glad we have YML to stepping up and filling the void left by sylvianlight. The TInderbox was missing the racist ignorant asshat role

#72 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:14 AM

Seems the homeless barefoot bum...is nothing more than just a bum

http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.1212779

He wasn't barefoot...for a time...and seems that he's not homeless either.

#73 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

Moderators

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:16 AM

Does it take away from what the officer did? No.

The Wal-Marts of the world are fleecing the American taxpayer but this this is the real problem

#74 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

HUDDLER

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:20 AM

No...officer did everything right. The homeless guy is "stealing" from someone that truly needs it though. This is what's so depressing about true charitable giving and how those people are taken advantage of and WHY people question direct charitable giving to individuals that they have absolutely no information about.

I'll still donate...in fact I'll be working this weekend AT a Walmart asking for donations towards gifts to kids.

#75 Coheed

Coheed

Loves Jon Beason

• PipPipPipPip
  • LocationVirginia
HUDDLER

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:48 AM

If any of you refute the fact that 98% of all homeless persons are homeless because they can't make a change to their lives...you are fuging wrong.

fact
  • something known to be true: something that can be shown to be true, to exist, or to have happened
  • truth or reality of something: the truth or actual existence of something, as opposed to the supposition of something or a belief about something
  • piece of information: a piece of information, e.g. a statistic or a statement of the truth

I don't see "pulling random numbers out of your ass and asserting it as an irrefutable truth" anywhere, so I think your word choice might be a little off.

#76 YourMomsLover

YourMomsLover

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:02 AM

I'm glad we have YML to stepping up and filling the void left by sylvianlight. The TInderbox was missing the racist ignorant asshat role

You're welcome

#77 GAme

GAme

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:22 AM

I saw yesterday that this guy has a paid for apartment from the gov't and receives SS checks. Yet he's out with his shoes off panhandling. Classic Obama voter

#78 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:28 AM

It seems there are three competing themes in this thread.

1. Homeless people are scum. To hell with em.

2. I will always give money to someone desparate enough to ask. It's people who refuse to do this who are scum.

And then there is the sensible one....

3. Every homeless person is a different story. Maybe it was drugs. Maybe it was tragedy. Maybe it was just laziness. Regardless, if you give them money, they aren't going to spend it on anything good. Do you want that person to spiral further into hell with another bottle of booze, or do you want that person to stop conning people and figure out that there's more to life than the next bottle of booze?

#79 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• LocationSpartanburg, SC
HUDDLER

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:31 AM

Seems the homeless barefoot bum...is nothing more than just a bum

http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.1212779

He wasn't barefoot...for a time...and seems that he's not homeless either.

Did he tell anyone (the officer, the person taking the photo, the reporter who interviewed him) that he was homeless? Perhaps some big assumptions were made.

#80 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• LocationSpartanburg, SC
HUDDLER

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:32 AM

No...officer did everything right. The homeless guy is "stealing" from someone that truly needs it though. This is what's so depressing about true charitable giving and how those people are taken advantage of and WHY people question direct charitable giving to individuals that they have absolutely no information about.

I'll still donate...in fact I'll be working this weekend AT a Walmart asking for donations towards gifts to kids.

Why is it stealing? The officer did something he thought was a good thing to do. The guy was offered a gift, and he took it ... a gift; he didn't steal anything.

And, just because he lives in a halfway-type house doesn't mean he's got it made now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users