Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gross

55 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

[quote name='SOJA' timestamp='1354644876' post='2031178']
I'm assuming Wharton was offered a restructure. I can almost guarantee a new GM will offer both Gross, Gamble, and maybe Beason and Anderson restructure deals. I could see none of them taking said restructure deals (which is completely their choice) and being either cut or traded.

I don't want this to happen, as I think all four of those players can help and contribute to our team in the future (albeit possibly at different positions- Beason WLB or SLB and Gross -Guard or RT) but wouldn't blame them for trying to get one last decent deal on another team.

Complete tangent, but if Gamble is cut/.traded he could make a huge impact on a contender. New England, for example, would have Gamble and Talib as starters. My head hurts.
[/quote]

They have McCourty

Posted · Report post

Beason costs a poo ton to restructure because his 12 million in remaining signing bonus prorates.....

Posted · Report post

He did not get abused. It's ridiculous to even think that.

Posted · Report post

I can see him moving to the right side eventually

Posted · Report post

Pretty sure Gross will get cut

Posted · Report post

Thanks, a thread telling us to cut gross inside of bell!

Posted · Report post

I think we need bigger more athletic lineman to go with our bigger more athletic quarterback. Gross has the size but I don't know if he can hang with the DE's that are getting bigger and faster these days.

Posted · Report post

I'm leaning towards first trying to restructure him, if he does not comply, then cut his ass. He's regressed and has not been the same. May be age, may be he doesn't have anything left, who knows. But he's not the same and isn't helping this line at all other than leadership. But Kalil is there for that and he's younger and is a top flight center. Gross has become expendable.

Posted · Report post

Gross is done

Cut Gross

Draft a LT in 2rd round or 4rd

Have B.Campbell and rookie fight for the job in Training camp

Posted · Report post

For those that say cut him, who you got in mind to replace him?

Bruce Campbell LOL, he can't even get activated on gamedays. Come on..

Posted · Report post

Why do people say "Who do you want to replace Gross" as if free agency and the draft won't exist next season?

Posted · Report post

he is making a boatload of money these next two years. Cutting him wont save as much next year as it will the year after. He is definitely another player not living up to his salary, but does have a rookie LG beside him that is still has a lot to learn.