Photo
- - - - -

Can we really afford another wasted season next year?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
29 replies to this topic

#25 raleigh-panther

raleigh-panther

SUPPORTER

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:41 AM

As a PSL holder, I don't agree with you.

2010 was unfortunate. It happened, it's over.

Every season except that one indicates that he has tried many things to bring a trophy to Charlotte.

It has not happened.

Winning Superbowls is not an exact science.

He hired 'hot coordinators' in Fox and Capers, both from winning organizations. He hired a former coach who was from the hottest organization at the time who had rings. He gave each of them everything they asked for. Two had mixed success. One was a failure.

The worst mistake I think he made was hiring Hurney instead of a football guy as GM and perhaps he did that because he had Polian and got burned by it. Rivera again, a hot coordinator. He failed.

A man who pays to fly almost his whole organization (including those who work at the stadium) to a Super Bowl as he did in 2004 is not some tight wad loser of an owner like a few of the others in this league.

#26 AceMan

AceMan

Huddle Vet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:32 AM

Honestly, I think the only thing we can't afford is for Cam to "LeBron" us and win on another team

#27 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

HUDDLER

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:40 AM

No.
Rivera will be gone. Trust me.
JR is never going to keep a 6-10 and 3-9 HC for another year.

JR cares about our fans. We wanted Foxy gone, we got it. We wanted Dwill and Stewart, we got them. If we want Chico gone and Jarius Byrd in the offseason, we'll it that also.

#28 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

HUDDLER

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:26 AM

Lets face it guys, we underachieved this year. BIG TIME. If they decide to keep ol Stone Wall Rivera I do not know what I will do with myself. I think its just another wasted season in my book. Nothing positive going in, another year of Cam getting blow up by the media ruining his soul. What do you guys think?

No joke and dead serious here.

In the big picture of things we can waste 2 more seasons, Cam Newton is here for 4 more season if he wants to or not, if we are going to keep Cam we are going to need to have a rock solid team around him in years 5-6 with the panthers. Those years will also be peak years for Cam, what ever he's going to develop into as a QB he will be by then.

So what we are this year and next really doesn't matter but from 2014 forward does

#29 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

HUDDLER

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:12 PM

I'm confused at all the JR hate. The dude is the owner- its his job to sign the checks and thats it. The last time I checked, the Panthers have been at or near the salary cap every year he as been here with the obvious exception of 2010.

If he was only trying to make money then he has been frankly doing a terrible job of it. I mean, signing 2 rbs to big salaries? Why the fug would he greenlight that move? Or give Charles Johnson a HUGE bonus up front (which hurts the owners pockets more than the salary cap)

#30 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

HUDDLER

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:18 PM

Absolutely not, Richardson is a business man but he is not an idiot.

The only way Rivera may have had any hopes was to win out and make a run at the playoffs.