#16 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,369 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:01 AM

Hahaha oh no don't neg rep me for expressing my opinion! Please!

Do you write music? Or even play guitar? The dude has tons of talent but it really isn't that difficult to put together a song like his.

I've been trying for years to recreate the musical geniousness of Thom York and Radiohead. THAT is real talent, a talent that can't be duplicated. Ed Sheeran? I can't even tell you how many friends/ other artists sound just like him if not better.

All I'm trying to say is its harder to get noticed doing something that anyone can put together rather than doing something totally different and unique.

The dude is talented, but a group of guys creating musical fusion is MUCH more impressive and better sounding.

I honestly have no clue who the Ed Sheeran guy is, but if you sounded anymore like a douchey hipster I might have to punch you through the internet.

#17 Mrs Pantherfan

Mrs Pantherfan

Lusting on Zod

• HUDDLER
  • 4,760 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:04 AM

I wish Taylor Swift would go away..

Nate Ruess, the lead singer of Fun...was the lead singer of The Format years ago...it's a fun song

#18 Johnny Rockets

Johnny Rockets

Mayor of Awesomeville

• HUDDLER
  • 5,931 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:32 AM

I wish Taylor Swift would go away..

I have hated her for years but now I am actually starting to like her.

#19 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 11,429 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:50 PM

Concord's Avett Brothers nominated for Americana album of the Year. Also the Carolina Chocolate Drops which I think are from Raleigh are nominated for folk album of the year

#20 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,399 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:06 PM

Song of the Year has sort of turned into a top 40 cherry pick recently imo, but I think Album of the year is really solid this year.

#21 CCS

CCS

Glutton for heart break and punishment

• HUDDLER
  • 3,238 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:09 PM

I think that Taylor Swift's song being nominated for song of the year is a pretty big joke. It's actually the song that turned me against her since she pretty much went full on pop with it. It really pissed me off that it ended up being #1 on the country charts despite country radio largely ignoring the song since it's pop.

#22 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:35 PM

I honestly have no clue who the Ed Sheeran guy is, but if you sounded anymore like a douchey hipster I might have to punch you through the internet.

Don't let me rustle your jimmies friend.

Go to the tinderbox if you can't handle the truth.

#23 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,369 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:37 PM

Don't let me rustle your jimmies friend.

Go to the tinderbox if you can't handle the truth.

I own the tinderbox.

#24 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • 2,491 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:41 PM

It seems like more your speed rather than talking about music with a bunch of 'hipsters'.

Don't worry old man, we'll try to keep our noise down..

#25 Smitty Is Our Savior

Smitty Is Our Savior

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • 5,477 posts
  • LocationUNC Chapel Hill & Wilmington

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:49 PM

Do you write music? Or even play guitar? The dude has tons of talent but it really isn't that difficult to put together a song like his.

I've been trying for years to recreate the musical geniousness of Thom York and Radiohead. THAT is real talent, a talent that can't be duplicated. Ed Sheeran? I can't even tell you how many friends/ other artists sound just like him if not better.

All I'm trying to say is its harder to get noticed doing something that anyone can put together rather than doing something totally different and unique.

The dude is talented, but a group of guys creating musical fusion is MUCH more impressive and better sounding.

He can do it all.

And it's the songwriting talent that makes him so good. Doesn't matter how talented you are with a guitar if you can't write a song that catches people's attention. Like I said, the depth of his music and the lyrics he writes fuses incredible lyricism and word play with the perfect backing music and his brilliant voice. And he has that mad blue eyed soul, even though he's a ginger.

#26 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,369 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:27 PM

It seems like more your speed rather than talking about music with a bunch of 'hipsters'.

Don't worry old man, we'll try to keep our noise down..

You know nothing about me, boy. I've done more in my life than many "old men", but I am by no means old.

By all means, don't let me stop you from throwing around your dad's music-editing Grammy as some proof of your musical erudition.

#27 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 13,998 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:34 PM

pie for radiohead.

#28 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • 2,491 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:53 PM

You know nothing about me, boy. I've done more in my life than many "old men", but I am by no means old.

By all means, don't let me stop you from throwing around your dad's music-editing Grammy as some proof of your musical erudition.

Oh no flopping I thought we were having fun :(

#29 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,369 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:55 PM

Oh no flopping I thought we were having fun :(

You're not having fun?

#30 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • 2,491 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:58 PM

I waaaaaassss...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.