Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LKuechly

James Harrison says KC tragedy not a gun problem

107 posts in this topic

Atomic weapons can be easily detonated by one person. A crude atomic weapon could be built by one person as well.

The only reason they can't is...wait for it...governmental restrictions.

And the defeatist mantra of "we'll never get rid of gun violence" is the same as saying "we'll never get rid of traffic accidents". Both are true but it's absolutely insane not to do all within our power to limit them.

No...it would be more like comparing to we'll never get rid of weed.

Funny, as I find gun people's arguments just as inane and illogical as weed people's.

Smoking weed is good for you, man!

uhhh... there is a big difference in guns and bombs...

ever heard of a weapon of mass destruction? that is what a bomb is...

The guns/bombs comparison is extreme. It's less extreme than guns/scissors comparisons though.

Atomic weapons can be easily detonated by one person. A crude atomic weapon could be built by one person as well.

I disagree. Atomic weapons require a great deal if technical expertise and specialized equipment.

A crude bomb is much easier to make than a crude firearm, but you still don't see a whole lot of bombing going on between private citizens in the US.

If you haven't noticed, the average American citizen isn't exactly the sharpest tool in the shed. Even without government restrictions, I wouldn't worry about some nutjob building a crude atomic weapon.

1 person likes this

Yet we still go out of our way to avoid giving them the opportunity.

But none of that matters since we've establish the killing capacity of the weapon is irrelevant.

Yea because everyone would try to build an atomic weapon to kill everyone with if it werent for gov't.

Funny, as I find gun people's arguments just as inane and illogical as weed people's.

Smoking weed is good for you, man!

Actually cannabis is the most beneficial plant on the planet...not to mention its medicinal qualities are far superior to the status-quo synthetic, cancer causing "cures" used by the medical establishment.