106 replies to this topic

#46 rippadonn

rippadonn

Since 2006

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:12 PM

Mental illness is the heart of the problem. That's all.

Free energy can be very useful but in the wrong hands very very destructive. This has more to do with mans mind growing than it does more regulation and rules.

Rules didn't prevent Belcher from doing what he did. Why more rules? There are many barriers standing against the evolution of the mind why not attack those instead?

Then people could have all the free energy and guns they want without consequence. There are millions and millions of guns out there that have never been fired in anger and won't be.

#47 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,305 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:12 PM

All things we could discuss if any talk of sensible gun restriction wasn't immediately treated as the shock troops for the swarms of Black UN Helicopters swooping in to disarm every God-loving American Citizen.

Who's banned a gun?

Fool everyone once. We already have sensible gun restrictions. No felons. Crazy people shouldn't be able to purchase. People with restraining orders can't purchase. Try buying a fully automatic weapon. Everything short of a full body cavity search and FBI background check to see if you stole Kindergarten lunch money are required. Plus licensing. You have to get a background check to buy weapons. Saying the gun show loophole is a problem is as dumb as saying the estate sale gun loophole is a widespread problem.

Deal with thugs/bullies.

#48 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:23 PM

Then youre making an irrelevant and/or pointless argument...no offense of course. There are a ton of things out there that have the capability to kill...most of which arent even designed to do that. So are we talking about accidents now? If so, then we should hold tall roof-tops, cars, falling pianos, etc, just as accountable. A gun will not kill unless someone is operating it with the intent to kill. With that being said...you can't ignore intention, because intention is everything.

Again, stop reframing my argument... If you'd like to respond to my argument, do so... If not, don't.

Intent is a f*cking GIVEN in homicide. THAT'S WHAT MAKES IT A HOMICIDE.

You aren't going to get me into some ridiculous argument that we both know is stupid... you want to talk about scenarios where cars and roof-tops can be used to murder people? please, do it with someone else. I'm trying (with great difficulty) to talk about guns.

#49 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,305 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:29 PM

Ok...since Bob Costas/Jason Whitlock have spoken.

What law right now could've been passed to have prevented the KC tragedy from happening? Put aside the opinions and explain what limits do you believe should be put on guns.

#50 rippadonn

rippadonn

Since 2006

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:46 PM

When you ask government to solve your problems you give away more and more of your rights willingly. New York is the extreme example. You can't even buy a Big Gulp there.

#51 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,305 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:48 PM

Weed yes....big gulp and ciggarettes no.

#52 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,445 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:18 PM

I would like to mention me and Panthro exchanged xoxo texts today and he directed me to delish pizza.

*goes to the shooting range*

#53 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,734 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:21 PM

I would like to mention me and Panthro exchanged xoxo texts today and he directed me to delish pizza.

*goes to the shooting range*

We could get some Tacos AND go shooting.

#54 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,445 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:23 PM

We could get some Tacos AND go shooting.

Hit me up after the first of the year.
Putting some stuff together and super busy right now.

#55 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,734 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:26 PM

Hit me up after the first of the year.
Putting some stuff together and super busy right now.

Cool.

My FiL does those cowboy shoot things on the weekends... we should try to hook up with him and do that sometime... or he could take us to Lejuene to the ranges.

Plus he's got the guns... :)

#56 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,445 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:30 PM

That cowboy shooting stuff is a waste of my time honestly.
Appreciate the invite, but I have -194143% interest in that.

#57 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,305 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:40 PM

It's the assless chaps isn't it.

Bisquit, promise him you won't wear them.

#58 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,734 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:46 PM

That cowboy shooting stuff is a waste of my time honestly.
Appreciate the invite, but I have -194143% interest in that.

Uhh... ok

It's the assless chaps isn't it.

Bisquit, promise him you won't wear them.

No, I only wear those when I "shoot" with Jase.

#59 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,797 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:03 PM

Again, stop reframing my argument... If you'd like to respond to my argument, do so... If not, don't.

Intent is a f*cking GIVEN in homicide. THAT'S WHAT MAKES IT A HOMICIDE.

You aren't going to get me into some ridiculous argument that we both know is stupid... you want to talk about scenarios where cars and roof-tops can be used to murder people? please, do it with someone else. I'm trying (with great difficulty) to talk about guns.

So wait, now you have me confused...are we talking about intent-based murder or are we talking about capability? You said earlier we were talking about capability...in which case lots of things are capable of ending one's life. However, If we're now talking about murder, then you've changed the conversation. One has to make the conscious decision to kill another in order for that to occur...otherwise it would be characterized as an accident, which would include my examples of roof-tops, automobile accidents, and falling pianos...residing under your capability argument.

My point is not stupid just because you dont understand it. You seem to be talking in circles now. Guns didnt magically birth themselves into existance, while holding us hostage at the mercy of their murderous agendas.

#60 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,065 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:30 PM

So if we should allow any type of gun because the weapon itself is no matter (people will find someway to kill no matter what's available according to many here), so why stop at guns? Why should any weapon, including atomic bombs, be restricted?

yeah the analogy is totally appropriate when the argument is that we shouldn't distinguish between the killing power of different things because "people kill people" or whatever, and i'm not at all surprised that it wasn't debated any further than calling it "dumb" and forgetting it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.