#31 The Huddler

The Huddler

St. Thomas Aquinas

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,874 posts
  • LocationRadford University

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:34 PM

old school is a nice idea, but i don't know how competitive it can be long term. the team has to be able to put a ton of points on the board and do it quickly and often.

i like splitting up the running game the way we do. it bothers me that we have so much money tied up in RBs, but it doesn't bother me that we haven't had a 100 yard rusher in a while. i don't care who gets the rushing yards or TDs as long as they are there.

i do want a nasty D. i want the aggressive offense and defense that rivera promised.

i can't argue with ya on that, but i guess old school is just a fetish for me. i like the physicality of running the ball down someones throat whether they try to stop it or not.

#32 Guest_Tom Cat_*

Guest_Tom Cat_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:40 PM

I dont read all that much about football except for the sports page nor any of the blogs

Im curious who Chase Stuart is and what he knows about football. He seems to be a decent writer if nothing else.

#33 Gallagher

Gallagher

Never Doubt Davis

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:00 PM

Dug the article.

Just makes me wonder though why we've lost all 7 of our one score games. That can't all be on our safeties, right? Maybe it's just a matter of momentum. Winning begets winning and losing begets losing? Perhaps once we get a few wins in a row under our belt next season we'll be able to shake this apparent losing mentality. I just don't know. This whole season just has me shaking my head, asking, why us?

#34 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,377 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:26 PM

I agree, but a dominating run game doesn't get you where it used to unless you have a nasty stingy D like San Fran and you can play clock control.
Robert Griffin the Turd and co. have the top rushing O in the league and they've got 6 wins, despite the media portraying them as undefeated.

No doubt true. What pisses me off is we have the talent to have a much more effective run game, but our play calling continuously gets in the way. And no, I don't blame it all on the o-line. We sucked running the ball when Kalil was in there too.

I am just so disappointed in our coaches. It really makes me want to punch something, and I'll celebrate the day they are all shown the door.

#35 Gallagher

Gallagher

Never Doubt Davis

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:33 PM

No doubt true. What pisses me off is we have the talent to have a much more effective run game, but our play calling continuously gets in the way. And no, I don't blame it all on the o-line. We sucked running the ball when Kalil was in there too.

I am just so disappointed in our coaches. It really makes me want to punch something, and I'll celebrate the day they are all shown the door.

Yeah, but the D wasn't up to speed then, and the passing game wasn't clicking either. Plus, we got killed in clock management in those first few games, and we were still using the read option ad nauseum. If we had Gross, Silatolu, Kalil, Hangartner, Bell for games 7 onward when the D was clicking with Kuechly at middle linebacker and when we wised up and started using more traditional I formations, I think you'd have a different opinion of our O-Line.

#36 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 18,729 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:16 PM

I definitely dont want gruden, but if he somehow ended up here I'd jump on board pretty quickly

#37 KJ89

KJ89

bottom line

• HUDDLER
  • 2,813 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:20 PM

I just want bill cowher...

#38 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 36,817 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:58 PM

I have no interest in Parcells or Gruden.

#39 CardiacCats

CardiacCats

• HUDDLER
  • 3,384 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:29 AM

We're not smart enough to consider Parcells

#40 grateflday

grateflday

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:37 AM

I would take Bill Parcells as GM in a heartbeart.

#41 CardiacCats

CardiacCats

• HUDDLER
  • 3,384 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:51 AM

I have no interest in Parcells or Gruden.

I can see Gruden but if you wouldn't take Parcells in a heartbeat I have no idea what you are looking for

#42 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • 10,382 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:57 AM

I'm not a big Gruden fan, but he did make gold out of a turd named Rich Gannon. I would like to see what he could do with Cam.

Like someone else said, Parcells would have been great back when we hired George Siefert. I'd rather have Holmgren or Cowher if we go old school.

I'd prefer young blood with passion over anyone, though.

#43 Pantherman

Pantherman

• HUDDLER
  • 2,059 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:20 AM

I would take Bill Parcells as GM in a heartbeart.

Hell to the No!! Look at what Paracells did to Miami. He started building for a few years and then left and the Fins fell a part again. The guy can not be trusted in no way shape and forum. We need a GM who going to be a round for many years to come and not just 2-3 years. So Bill is out my friend.

#44 cultclassiccat

cultclassiccat

flash

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,481 posts
  • LocationG spot

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:54 AM

Thats why this season has been so disappointing. People say your nuts if you put carolina in the same breath as those teams, but its true, we have the stats to prove it. Get a coach in here with little more than half a brain and turn this sucker around. :sword:

#45 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,570 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:14 AM

Good read, overall we don't have a talent problem - we just need to harness what we've got.

We have some talent problems but are clearly a better team than our record indicates.
One thing I always hated about Hurney is leaving us exposed at one or two positions as with the saftey and cb this year

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.