Photo
* - - - - 2 votes

If our Players have not given up on the Coaching Staff... should we?

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#31 Toundra

Toundra

100% French meat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:01 AM

After a game like this and against the Falcons they deserve another year.
When the whole team is playing well even the special team, the team is unstopable.
Do they need to be insulted before each game to have the appropriate amount of motivation?
Because this is clearly our main problem at least for some players.

#32 Gallagher

Gallagher

Never Doubt Davis

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,251 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:07 AM

You do realize we lost to the Chiefs just a week ago?

The Carolina Panthers: We lose to 1 win teams, but beat 1 loss teams. :thumbsu:

I agree with a lot of what has been said in this thread. I attribute a lot of our troubles this season to the coaching staff's lack of responsiveness and inability to make adjustments ( ie. read option, not benching Naka, not playing Adams etc). At the same time, I would be torn on what to do if we go 7-9.

At the end of the day though, it's just hard to imagine a new GM and the same coaching regime.

#33 BelgianPantherFan

BelgianPantherFan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 480 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:28 AM

When the whole team is playing well even the special team, the team is unstopable.
Do they need to be insulted before each game to have the appropriate amount of motivation?

In my opinion, it's way better to not make decisions based on ONE game, but rather on the season overall. And this season is just bad overall. It's up to the coaches to make the team play to its potential and strenght, and even beyond that. It's only the first time this season we really see what's this team capable of, and this effort makes me even believe more that some of the coaches just haven't been able to touch the right spot on the players.

I'd give McDermott credits for the D improvement overall this season, but I do believe RR and Chud aren't the right persons in the right spot.

#34 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,237 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:21 AM

To echo some of the earlier posts, I don't think "the players haven't given up on the coaching staff", I think they have too much pride to just mail it in. Cam and Smitty especially, and when you have leadership like that it can keep the whole team motivated. The players are playing for themselves and each other, not Rivera, in my opinion.

#35 Bj-Monster23

Bj-Monster23

Slam Newton

• HUDDLER
  • 2,014 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:22 AM

Did you the see the rest of the season?

#36 Toundra

Toundra

100% French meat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:14 AM

Did you the see the rest of the season?

Of course yes.
But if they can play like this vs a team like the Falcons (a good team), if they can find that motivation each game, they have everything to be unstopable and they can go all the way to the superbowl.

#37 Bj-Monster23

Bj-Monster23

Slam Newton

• HUDDLER
  • 2,014 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:40 AM

Of course yes.
But if they can play like this vs a team like the Falcons (a good team), if they can find that motivation each game, they have everything to be unstopable and they can go all the way to the superbowl.

Now you getting to the point. Rivera is not going to maintain the motivation. It the reason why we haven't had back to back winning games this season. You have to have high hopes if you think Rivera can get us to the Super bowl. I just see too much of Norv Turner in Rivera. Good coordinator but horrible HC.

#38 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 5,690 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:06 AM

These coaches don't deserve to coach ANYWHERE

#39 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,584 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:08 AM

I would not make this decision on one game.

#40 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,158 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:42 AM

Stephen A. Smith said on first take early in the season that if you look around the league at winning teams and especially what the Bucs are doing this year is because they have a leader of men as their HC. A coach who can gameplan and prep just fine but can ultimately add an extra demension to his team threw his personally and is the face of the franchise. Look at the 49ers. Sucked ass. Got harbaugh and he took over that team and lit a fire under them.

With all that just said. Rivera is not and will never be a leader of men who by his personality can add an extra demension and fire to our team. He's not a born leader and is very stoic on the sidelines. We need a fresh start and we need to find someone by his very nature will takeover the team and be the leader they need. Cam and crew are begging for someone like that. All players in the NFL need leaders like this. We need to go out and get one regardless of what the final outcome of the season is.

Oh and someone who can manage the game clock and call good plays would be nice to.
The panthers need a strong willed leading HC. Fire Rivera,Chud, and McD.

#41 BIGH2001

BIGH2001

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:57 AM

Quitting is the exception, even for awful teams. The 0-16 lions didnt quit. The 01 team didn't quit until game 15. The players need their jobs too, especially with a new GM making evaluations. Therefore it would make little sense to quit even if they hated Rivera.

#42 Way Truth Life

Way Truth Life

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:41 AM

yes we should.

#43 Lout

Lout

Draft Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 2,416 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:43 AM

Some of you guys need to reflect on who our last 2 OCs were.

Dan Henning
And
Jeff Davidson

Chud is the best OC the Panthers have ever had. I can see Chud improving, and he is not afraid to think outside the box, and draw plays in the sand. All qualities that we wish we had when Davidson and Henning were running the show. I'd love to keep Chud another year, allow Cam and this offense to grow, before sending him off to an inevitable head coaching job somewhere in the league. Chud is a highly coveted offensive mind around the league, moreso than many of you are willing to realize.

#44 P.I.A

P.I.A

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts
  • LocationRotting slowly in Afghanistan

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:23 AM

Some of you guys need to reflect on who our last 2 OCs were.

Dan Henning
And
Jeff Davidson

Chud is the best OC the Panthers have ever had. I can see Chud improving, and he is not afraid to think outside the box, and draw plays in the sand. All qualities that we wish we had when Davidson and Henning were running the show. I'd love to keep Chud another year, allow Cam and this offense to grow, before sending him off to an inevitable head coaching job somewhere in the league. Chud is a highly coveted offensive mind around the league, moreso than many of you are willing to realize.

Im not dissing anyone, but didn't half of this forum agree that Chud is the anti-christ?

#45 Who Said What?

Who Said What?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts
  • LocationEverybody knows Carolina's my home

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:28 AM

The issue with the coaching staff is that they though they had it all planned. They just KNEW that them losing was just a lack of execution, or players "not making plays". While certainly there were plays left on the field by the players, the OVERWHELMING reason that we sucked so hard was poor coaching. This ranged from poor clock management to play calling and overall scheme ineptitude.

It took until we were virtually eliminated from playoff contention before they went "You know what guys! This poo just isn't working" and decided to pull their collective heads from their asses.

That alone should get them fired.

But then again, maybe they learn from this and grow as coaches - the realize that coaching can not be inflexible, and have to continuously adjust. It's for this reason that I won't be devastated if they are retained. It's just that I don't think that they should be.

Yeah, I keep thinking that if it took Marvin Lewis ten years to win in Cinci it could be eons before this staff gets it together. The offense we ran today was the offense we ran most of last year and Cam excelled. They just wasted this season and for that I bid them good riddance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.