• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 LA_Panther

LA_Panther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,945 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:43 PM

I was on the fire Rivera group until I saw what we are capable of in the first half yesterday. Rivera should keep playing as many young guys as possible the rest of the season and get them experience. I am talking about players like DJ Campbell. I just think he should get a chance to see the results of his project. And it was also so cool to see the players not quitting at this point in the season. That's character, and we'll need it when we are winning...and we will win, I have no doubt. Unless Cam pulls a Lebron on us, we will win the superbowl with him no question

There are so many young guys on this team, and the first half yesterday showed the true potential of this defense. We simply locked down the best team in the NFC without so many starters.

My only beef with coaching this year has been the playcalling and special teams. I could care less if Rivera does not show emotions and is a statue on the sideline. If we win out and keep playing like we did in the first half yesterday, dude just needs one more year

#2 Sean Payton's Vicodin

Sean Payton's Vicodin

TAKE IT IN THE POOPER FOR COOPER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,610 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:46 PM

No, he should not.

You all do this poo every time after we get a rare win

#3 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,297 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:49 PM

i think it would almost be worth it to see guys like ^^^^^ and others freak out.

don't think it's going to happen, but...as i said before, if they have turned the corner in a big way then i wouldn't be opposed to him staying. i just don't think he's made a strong enough of a case to be retained when the new sheriff comes.

#4 awdeansr

awdeansr

Anti-Federalists

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:50 PM

Seems folks have a bad memory around here. Rivera has been out coached too many times this year. Meaningless wins have not changed my opinion of him.

#5 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

• HUDDLER
  • 2,339 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:50 PM

Rivera should be let go. It's important that this organization hits the reset button entirely. New GM. New Staff. New Position coaches. New philosophy. New Direction.

It's that simple. 4 winning seasons. Time to do things differently

#6 Sean Payton's Vicodin

Sean Payton's Vicodin

TAKE IT IN THE POOPER FOR COOPER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,610 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:51 PM

i think it would almost be worth it to see guys like ^^^^^ and others freak out.

I promise you won't be disappointed.

#7 Disinfranchised

Disinfranchised

Disinfranchised

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts
  • LocationStokeridge

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:51 PM

As long as he gets is somewhere else, it is ok with me.

#8 Salvo

Salvo

BEWB

• ALL-PRO
  • 901 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:55 PM

Rivera needs to win out, and win out convincingly the rest of the season in order to have JR consider keeping him around for one more year.

Just because he beat the worst 11-2 team in history doesn't make up for losing to the worst team so far this season. Not to mention the countless times where he's screwed up the time management and failed to adjust in the 2nd half of games.

I like the guy, but he's not head coach material.

#9 Keith Moons Liver

Keith Moons Liver

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,615 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:07 PM

i knew this poo would happen
luck into winning some meaningless games at the end and people begin to think he isn't a terrible waste of oxygen

#10 LA_Panther

LA_Panther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,945 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:11 PM

You guys are missing the big picture...we have a solid young core that is starting to come together....

Remember the OKC thunder? They kept playing the young guys together through a rough stretch, and they now have a winning team for at least a decade

#11 Sloth

Sloth

idk

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,732 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:20 PM

I'm starting to warm up to the idea too.

Think about it. With what other coach can we get:
  • Truly random time outs
  • Haruki "The Iron Cheetah" Nakamura
  • No involvement during game day unless a player needs his shoe tied or turf pulled from a face mask
  • 2.5 quarters (EVERY GAME!) of professional level football
  • Attempting to sit on 2 point leads early into the 3rd quarter
  • Almost a winning season, every season.
Sign me up.

#12 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• HUDDLER
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:30 PM

I was on the fire Rivera group until I saw what we are capable of in the first half yesterday. Rivera should keep playing as many young guys as possible the rest of the season and get them experience. I am talking about players like DJ Campbell. I just think he should get a chance to see the results of his project. And it was also so cool to see the players not quitting at this point in the season. That's character, and we'll need it when we are winning...and we will win, I have no doubt. Unless Cam pulls a Lebron on us, we will win the superbowl with him no question

There are so many young guys on this team, and the first half yesterday showed the true potential of this defense. We simply locked down the best team in the NFC without so many starters.

My only beef with coaching this year has been the playcalling and special teams. I could care less if Rivera does not show emotions and is a statue on the sideline. If we win out and keep playing like we did in the first half yesterday, dude just needs one more year

Like I said yesterday, If Rivera had been trying different things all season & it seemed as if he'd finally found the right formula, I'd agree... but that ain't what happened.

It took the GM getting fired to even begin to go back to a formula on offense that had major success last year when that should've happened after game two. To put it another way, he not only tried to fix something that wasn't broken, not only did the fix break it, but he also stuck with what was now broken as if it were going to fix itself until the organization got bitchslapped by the owner.

So, no.

#13 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 5,763 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:31 PM

Die

#14 PantherFan4Ever

PantherFan4Ever

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:35 PM

Team plays one good game out of 13 and all of a sudden Rivera is a capable head coach? Doesn't work that way.

Lose the short term memory. This is the same team that lost to the Chiefs.

#15 Car123

Car123

Newton's Law

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:36 PM

I wouldn't mind him staying if he finishes strong

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com