Photo
- - - - -

Why does "conservative humor" fail so badly?

• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

#31 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,223 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:17 PM

you really take this all very personally don't you?

I don't take any of the stuff on here personally. But I do take raising taxes seriously because it is my taxes that all of the liberals want raised.

The liberal philosophy is so ridiculous that it is just too easy.

Don't want to work....that's ok, we will support you.

Don't want to get a good education and end up in a low paying job...don't worry, we will support you.

Want to continue to have children's out of wedlock with no possible means to support them....don't worry, we will support you.

Basically their whole party is based on the premise that you can do as little as you want...because someone else will support you.

There us little to no incentive to be accountable for your own decisions and actions under their philosophy...just hate those who have more than you and expect them to continue funding the entitlements.

I would imagine that if most of you were in the group that has to pay for all of this with having your taxes raised, there would be more bitching about it here.

It is easy to be ones either with your hand out or sitting on the sideline pointing fingers at others who should pay more.

Everyone should pay some level of taxes. A system where nearly half don't pay federal income tax is flawed at its core.

#32 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,566 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:18 PM

Larry the Cable Guy is just lazy comedy. He's the corny guy at your parent's church with slightly better timing.

#33 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,322 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:18 PM

Also, its difficult to make it nationally if your politics lean to the right. Could be that only the ones that are polically correct make it on the national scene. Some of the funnies comedians I have heard are playing the little clubs on the ckt, and most of them wisely keep their politics, right or left, to themselves.

Fwiw, most comedians, musicians, actors etc.. can barely speak coherently on politics, so if the left gets all of them, its not a great loss.

#34 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:21 PM

what makes that joke conservative?

The joke isn't conservative. The reaction to it by conservatives and liberals is what's different.

Conservatives: I've spent all day on the job dealing with jackoffs, I like to laugh without thinking "who does this offend" when I get home.

Liberals: I only like humor if people in power are getting knocked down a peg or two.

Back when the PC crowd didn't control the airwaves, conservatives had options. Now it's different. You don't have "conservative comedians" because if they slip up once it gets analyzed and Zapruder filmed to death by the PC crowd.

Which is why we like to point out to you libs when one of your own does it, and you don't attack them. It's a double standard.

Don Rickles was one of the funniest MFers on TV when I was a kid. He was Jewish, and he made fun of everybody...old people, white people, black people, hispanic people, even his own people. You watch the old roasts on TV, and everybody is doubled over laughing at his jokes. We don't have that any more, at least not on regular TV. We have watered down PC crap.

#35 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:23 PM

Larry the Cable Guy is just lazy comedy. He's the corny guy at your parent's church with slightly better timing.

He was funny as hell in the Blue Collar days. Since then he HAS been lazy, simply cashing in on that fame with bad movies and rewritten jokes off his old stuff.

#36 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:26 PM

And look at All in the Family. If you'd let down your PC guard long enough, you'd realize that the show at its heart was extremely liberal. Every show came down to Archie and his old fogey views proven wrong in the end. Every single time.

#37 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 16,134 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:46 PM

Uh, yes, it's well known that Archie was a parody. Carrol O'Conner is very liberal.

#38 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 16,134 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:47 PM

It appears that your entire concept of conservative humor is that it's attacks on minorities and modern society won't let you get away with it. That's actually really gross and sad.

#39 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:49 PM

It appears that your entire concept of conservative humor is that it's attacks on minorities and modern society won't let you get away with it. That's actually really gross and sad.

Exhibit A, ladies and gentlemen.

#40 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 16,134 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:49 PM

And if you think comedy is PC you should perhaps actually look into modern comedy. Comedy these days would make Don Rickles cry.

But I realize you're a conservative and your entire view of society, past and present, exists in your own mind and is independent from reality.

#41 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 16,134 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:51 PM

Exhibit A, ladies and gentlemen.

It's the argument you've presented. "Conservatives aren't funny because they're worried about offending people."

Meanwhile, comedy clubs are full of jokes about ***** and black people and midgets.

Your argument is a failure dude.

#42 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:52 PM

Uh, yes, it's well known that Archie was a parody. Carrol O'Conner is very liberal.

Yeah, but people like Lucille Ball campaigned like crazy to get him off the air because he used words she didn't approve of.

#43 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:54 PM

It's the argument you've presented. "Conservatives aren't funny because they're worried about offending people."

Meanwhile, comedy clubs are full of jokes about ***** and black people and midgets.

Your argument is a failure dude.

Sorry, I'm just really gross and sad.

#44 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:56 PM

You failed logic, didn't you? I said conservative comedians aren't allowed on TV because they might offend someone. Funny is relative. Do the people who packed the Blue Collar concerts think Louis CK is funny? No. Do the people who worship Louis CK think the Blue Collar stuff is funny? No again.

#45 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 16,134 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:01 PM

Yeah, but people like Lucille Ball campaigned like crazy to get him off the air because he used words she didn't approve of.

They were from different eras and often idiots have trouble letting go of the past. Lucy was from a time when she wasn't even allowed to say the word "pregnant" on her show because it was too sexual.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com