Photo
- - - - -

With Joeckel likely gone, I think we got our next franchise LT..

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 PantherTrain84

PantherTrain84

• TROLLOLOL
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:44 PM

So being bored I was looking at Walterfootball for draft prospects outside the top 5 incase we pick closer to 8-12, I saw them mocking Taylor Lewan to Miami at 15, hes the next LT after Joeckel. So I went and dug up film on him on youtube and this guy is a absolute beast! This is a good 8 minute vid and he just manhandles his guy big time. http://m.youtube.com...h?v=2EhJdcnRBxo

Thoughts on Taylor Lewan? I dont watch college ball so does anyone else know much about him? He looks like a stud in that vid

#2 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,243 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:59 PM

I honestly think A&M's RT Jake Matthews is better (including as a LT). He's extremely athletic, and really just needs to bulk up some. Has great instincts and footwork....

#3 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,143 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:14 PM

Can someone tell me why we still talking OT? It's not even a need for us.

Let me list needs in order:
(1) FS
(2) DT
(3) WR
(4) RG
(5) CB
(6) OT

I love Lewan in a situation if we could trade down and get a 2nd rd in return. But to just single handily take an OT in the 1st is NUTS!

#4 PantherTrain84

PantherTrain84

• TROLLOLOL
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:19 PM

(1) FS
(2) DT
(3) WR
(4) RG
(5) CB
(6) OT

I love Lewan in a situation if we could trade down and get a 2nd rd in return. But to just single handily take an OT in the 1st is NUTS!

I can somewhat agree. I would say WR maybe Keenan Allen or Justin Hunter in the 1st

#5 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,243 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:20 PM

:lol: how is OT not a need might I ask??

#6 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,610 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:51 PM

I am ALMOST as certain we're not taking a LT with our first pick in the draft as I was last year that we weren't going to take a MLB with our first pick...

Hopefully I'm right this time (not that I regret being wrong last time..).

#7 Panthersguru14

Panthersguru14

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:47 AM

(1) FS
(2) DT
(3) WR
(4) RG
(5) CB
(6) OT

I think CB should be higher on that list

#8 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:11 AM

You're suppose to draft your tackles early on. Joeckel and Warmack are the only can't miss prospects as far as offensive linemen go, I'm not really interested in any other names at this point.

If we find ourselves in the 6-10th pick range, we need to look at Dee milliner, Sheldon Richardson, Jonathan Hankins, chance Warmack.

#9 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,808 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:49 AM

(1) FS
(2) DT
(3) WR
(4) RG
(5) CB
(6) OT

This.

#10 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,808 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:50 AM

:lol: how is OT not a need might I ask??

Because Gross is playing well, as is Bell.

Seems simple from where I'm sitting.

#11 TMS3426

TMS3426

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:33 AM

Everywhere else I read the analysts feel like we definitely need a LT. Gross is not the player he was and I don't think Bell is a longterm answer. Safety is the worst position on the field for the Panthers, but there is no one good enough to draft in the top 10.

#12 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 6,086 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:09 AM

Tom Coughlin has a philosophy..invest high round talent on both Offensive and defensive lines bc they can help mask other defencies on the team.

It worked in Jacksonville..Mark Brunell was avg but had some great games. Their Defensive line is stout....just as NYG is on offense. Eli is upright and they can run/pass on virtually anyone.

Its not sexy and the WR/DT cannot be ignored but the OT is top priority. This whole season would be different if our O-line play was solid.

If Gross could take a restructure and go to RT it would be an ideal situation drafting a LT. Now if a Jake Long is availible just shell out the cash...and draft best athlete at DT/WR. Go FS in top 3 rounds(NOT A CB TO CONVERT)

#13 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,608 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:45 AM

Tom Coughlin has a philosophy..invest high round talent on both Offensive and defensive lines bc they can help mask other defencies on the team.

It worked in Jacksonville..Mark Brunell was avg but had some great games. Their Defensive line is stout....just as NYG is on offense. Eli is upright and they can run/pass on virtually anyone.

Its not sexy and the WR/DT cannot be ignored but the OT is top priority. This whole season would be different if our O-line play was solid.

If Gross could take a restructure and go to RT it would be an ideal situation drafting a LT. Now if a Jake Long is availible just shell out the cash...and draft best athlete at DT/WR. Go FS in top 3 rounds(NOT A CB TO CONVERT)

Coughlin has addressed the DL just as much as the OL in the draft. this team hasnt picked an early DL since Everette Brown. the DL needs a young high pick added to it.and when the QB needed weapons he addressed those as well, with high picks in WRs.

#14 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,243 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:12 AM

Because Gross is playing well, as is Bell.

Seems simple from where I'm sitting.

Gross has been beat like a drum by pass rushers on a pretty regular basis this season actually....

#15 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,143 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:17 PM

Are you sure???? Bc it look to me like you're lying.

During Coughlin's time as the NYG HC, the only time he had ever taken an OL high in the Draft was William Beaty in the 2nd round of the 2009 Draft. I can't even tell you who else (OL) he has ever taken higher than a 3rd rd. The highest OL ever taken by Tom was Beaty.

Tom does his business on the Offensive Line through FA. (Kevin Boothe, Shawn Andrews, Stacey Andrews, Sean Locklear, Tony Ugoh, David Bass)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com