#46 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,520 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:42 AM

All we need is a camera and we're set

And the Dolphins, Jets and Bills in our division.

#47 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • 5,262 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:55 AM

whining about what Cam Newton does between plays is pure crybaby, nothing more. I don't particularly care for it but its just not enough to cry over.

However, whining about what other players do between plays to poke and prod the other aforementioned crybabies is by far a more wussified/pusscake/victim-here tactic.

many here should cower in the enveloping shame that they are apparently oblivious to.

#48 tiger7_88

tiger7_88

old skool SWAG

• HUDDLER
  • 4,209 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:58 AM

Brady celebrated a key first down.....Cam does his pose EVERY running first down.

Big difference.

Even though I really could care less about how any player celebrates.

Mad Hatter is truly an artist of passive-aggressive. Some of the best I've ever seen.

#49 Panther17

Panther17

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:51 PM

Brady celebrated a key first down.....Cam does his pose EVERY running first down.

Big difference.

Do you know for certain Tom Brady only celebrated that first down run? Do you know for certain Mr. Brady does not celebrate everytime he runs for a first down?

The big difference maybe several things. 1. We are Panther fans so we see everytime Cam does it. 2. Cam runs for more 1st downs so he does it more.

#50 Panther17

Panther17

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:54 PM

whining about what Cam Newton does between plays is pure crybaby, nothing more. I don't particularly care for it but its just not enough to cry over.

However, whining about what other players do between plays to poke and prod the other aforementioned crybabies is by far a more wussified/pusscake/victim-here tactic.

many here should cower in the enveloping shame that they are apparently oblivious to.

Pointing out thy hypocrisy of the fist crybabies wanting Cam to be more like Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Peyton Manning, or whoever makes the person pointing it out more of crybaby?

#51 Panther17

Panther17

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:56 PM

I tend to like the Barry Sanders approach but don't give a poo if Cam takes the Steve Smith approach to celebrating.

I'm just dying for some wins on a consistent basis. A few ass kickings here and there wouldn't hurt either so I don't have to go through the please don't blow it final 2 minutes.

#52 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • 5,262 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:13 PM

Pointing out thy hypocrisy of the fist crybabies wanting Cam to be more like Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Peyton Manning, or whoever makes the person pointing it out more of crybaby?

Yes i suppose that is quite possible

#53 GRWatcher

GRWatcher

visiting from Kepler-186f

• HUDDLER
  • 2,042 posts
  • LocationStatesville

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:19 PM

A couple of weeks ago it hit me like a football to the head without helmet .

Celebrations on the field of play are not for the fans, not for you or me. Or the media.

They are for letting the defense, the opposition, know how really bad they are. (Whether or not it's true.) They are for lowering the moral and expectations of the opposing team and for raising the moral and expectations of your own team.

"Hey, Falcons! See what I just did? And I'm gonna' do it again. You can't stop me!"

That's why I say, celebrate away! I have absolutely no problem with it at any time.

#54 The_Mango55

The_Mango55

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:30 PM

Big difference.

A key first down? They were up by 3 touchdowns. If that is a key first down then they all are.

#55 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,459 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:12 PM

I have seen your posts in this and other threads regarding not judging Rivera too quickly and citing Bill B. as an example.

My question is, do you think every coach should get 4 years? 5 years? Should Morris still be in Tampa? I'd just like to know what set of circumstances would you need to see to pull the plug on a head coach.

As I have said in other posts, it isn't a set time but an evaluation of the coach, his assistants, how the players work for him, whether he is learning and benefiting from the mistakes he makes, or continuing to make the same ones. Morris needed to go because the players quit on him plain and simple. If the players had quit on Rivera I would say the same things. But that is not what is happening on the field and the offense being aggressive in the fourth quarter on offense the past 2 games shows me that he learned from being too conservative which contributed to the close losses. Finally it isn't as if we are getting blown out, we are competitive. If a few plays had gone our way like Newton holds the ball once he has the first down or Nakamura tips the pass and we are 6-7 or even 7-6 and still at least in the hunt.
If we close out strong the case can be made for 1 more year. Not 4 or 5 but 1. If we don't make the playoffs come hell or high water next year, then he is gone no matter what. If we tank this week then we might be better off cutting our losses now. It just isn't black or white at this point.

#56 panthers04100

panthers04100

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:20 PM

A couple of weeks ago it hit me like a football to the head without helmet .

Celebrations on the field of play are not for the fans, not for you or me. Or the media.

They are for letting the defense, the opposition, know how really bad they are. (Whether or not it's true.) They are for lowering the moral and expectations of the opposing team and for raising the moral and expectations of your own team.

"Hey, Falcons! See what I just did? And I'm gonna' do it again. You can't stop me!"

That's why I say, celebrate away! I have absolutely no problem with it at any time.

no that's not true

#57 SuperMan

SuperMan

I'm always holding back.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,265 posts
  • LocationRaleigh,NC

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:37 PM

Such a great leader

3 x SB champion
7 x Pro bowler.

2 x SB MVP
2 x NFL MVP

Hes Tom Mutha fuggin Brady he can do as he damn well pleases when our QB has his resume he can too.

#58 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:01 PM

Tom Brady celebrated a 1st down run in our SB vs. the Pats as well.

Real Panther fans accept our QB as he is, and dont need him to "act like" somebody else who doesnt play for the Panthers to get behind him. The whole "moral code" BS is more contrived passive agressive jabs.

#59 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,018 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:11 PM

Do you know for certain Tom Brady only celebrated that first down run? Do you know for certain Mr. Brady does not celebrate everytime he runs for a first down?

The big difference maybe several things. 1. We are Panther fans so we see everytime Cam does it. 2. Cam runs for more 1st downs so he does it more.

Double post

#60 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,018 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:11 PM

I was just pointing out a difference in the situations. That is all.

I don't care at all about Cam's first down pose. As long as he delivers wins, he can stand on his head after a first down for all I care.

I only wish he would come up with a better pose and celebration....the twinkle toes step and point is a little weak. If he is going to give the media poo to talk about, then give them the full uber swag treatment.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.