• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#31 sunbunny

sunbunny

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,840 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:49 PM

We were at the same Caravan tour that day. He took pics with my son no problem and tried to talk to him but Ty was awestruck and not saying a word, just staring. After Rod Smart horrified my daughter by making her think he ate a bug, she wouldn't take a pic with any of them.

Smitty didn't go out of his way to talk to anyone, but he did his thing about signing and pics. I chalked it up to him having a bad day and maybe not really wanting to be there. Rod Smart was having a blast.

#32 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 15,442 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:57 PM

We were at the same Caravan tour that day. He took pics with my son no problem and tried to talk to him but Ty was awestruck and not saying a word, just staring. After Rod Smart horrified my daughter by making her think he ate a bug, she wouldn't take a pic with any of them.

Smitty didn't go out of his way to talk to anyone, but he did his thing about signing and pics. I chalked it up to him having a bad day and maybe not really wanting to be there. Rod Smart was having a blast.

Oh at the Caravan in Ft. Bragg?

That's crazy! Yeah, that was the overall impression I got as well, but it didn't change my opinion of him in general. I just felt like an idiot.

But as I said, I truly think he is much more approachable and personable now. You can tell he has matured, grown, and humbled himself a lot since then, so I'm sure it would be a completely different feel when interacting with him.

#33 Third Degree

Third Degree

Bucket of Boat Trash

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,829 posts
  • Location704

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:12 PM

Good for you. I have a foot phobia, can't even touch my wife's feet.

/crosses off "Rex Ryan" from list of possible people SCP could be

#34 jayflip

jayflip

vaya con dios

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,776 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:13 PM

Thanks for the PM hw

#35 broseidon

broseidon

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • LocationYour daughters dorm room

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:22 PM

I've heard he is a huge dick.... Still it wouldn't stop me shaking his hand or getting a picture with him... Hell I've been a PSL owner for ever, so in a way I've been paying for his salary!

#36 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,752 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:27 PM

Anyone have any personal experiences? I'll be at his Samaritan's Feet charity in San Diego this Saturday and am afraid he might not be approachable (or too nervous to approach him).

Will he be offended if I ask for a photo with me and my wife? Will he strike up a conversation? Anyone with personal knowledge it will be appreciated.

He's very approachable if he's in a good mood. If he's not...he won't be around to be bothered.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Steve, Smith, Smitty, Samaritans Feet

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com