Photo
- - - - -

Why is everyone jumping on the Rivera Bandwagon?

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#1 broseidon

broseidon

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • LocationYour daughters dorm room

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:31 PM

My GOD!! We win one game and everyone is ready to give the guy a contract extension.

Im tired of mediocrity!! Bring in someone that can produce!!!

#2 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 18,001 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:32 PM

I never jumped off of it. I believe he, like anyone else, should have three years.

#3 davos

davos

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,972 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:33 PM

"Everyone"....hmm...*checks around......where are these people you speak of?

#4 broseidon

broseidon

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:39 PM

I had to stop reading the huddle for a few days it was making me sick.... People like JOAT talking about giving him one more year to get things figured out... Id rather drink Drain'o

#5 Doyle

Doyle

Headed to the county line

• HUDDLER
  • 6,232 posts
  • LocationRichardson's toilet

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:39 PM

It's called short term memory loss. 98% of the Huddle is high.

#6 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,109 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:40 PM

I've started to go the JR route, wanting to see progress more so than W/L record at this point.

My biggest fear is giving Cam Alex Smith Syndrome where he has a new coach/coordinator every year, basically ruining his development. With the salary cap problems and huge contracts we have, if a new GM and coach come in they won't win for a couple years anyway in all likelihood, and then we'll be calling for their head too.

I've been vocal at times while pissed at Rivera after a loss wanting him to be fired, but on the flip side, if he fixes his own problems, and makes Chud run a more balanced offense, maybe instead of being 1-13 in 7-point games, he could be 11-3 and all of a sudden we've got a contender.

I'm waiting to see what happens the next three games.

#7 Kettle

Kettle

I'm Stainless.

• HUDDLER
  • 13,411 posts
  • LocationThe Brew Wing

Week 4 against Atl is when I got out of my seat. Week 5 against Sea I was headed to the exit. 6 was the bye, and then Dallas and Chicago. So I haven't been on the so called wagon since mid-season, and it's going to take more than this one win to get me back on. He has to many stupid decisions to make up for.

#8 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • 4,811 posts

I've been driving the wagon.

#9 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,199 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:41 PM

yeah....i'm not seeing it.

a few people saying just wait and see what he does the rest of the year and a few more who believed he should be given 3 years to see what he can do doesn't exactly make a bandwagon but if you've got to think in terms of extreme positions to make a thread, have at it.

#10 KJ89

KJ89

bottom line

• HUDDLER
  • 2,996 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:41 PM

I'm sure as hell not on it. I just don't know what to think.

Never really did, actually. I wanted Chud gone from the start, he's a bigger problem. I wouldn't be totally against Rivera getting a third year

#11 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 18,001 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:43 PM

What's stopping you?

I had to stop reading the huddle for a few days it was making me sick.... People like JOAT talking about giving him one more year to get things figured out... Id rather drink Drain'o

#12 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,250 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:44 PM

Because since Marty got his walking papers things haven't looked as bad. In fact things are moving in a positive direction. Add in the fact that fans are by their very nature fickle and you get folks jumping on and off too fast to keep up with.

#13 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,199 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:47 PM

i think he's held that position all along. understandable, imo.

i usually feel like that, but in this case i don't think he's shown enough for the new GM to not go out and find his own HC.

i haven't seen the progress that i'd like, but i'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt the rest of this season. it all depends on how well he coaches, if they win out, etc. he has to look really good the last three games and that's to even warrant really being considered for the 2013 season and on.

i've only seen one or two really advocating for rivera. others are just trying to keep an open mind for the rest of this season. some just like giving a coach three years. like i said, not exactly a bandwagon but whatever.

#14 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,199 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:47 PM

What's stopping you?

i have to admit to almost making that exact same post.

#15 broseidon

broseidon

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:48 PM

yeah....i'm not seeing it.

a few people saying just wait and see what he does the rest of the year and a few more who believed he should be given 3 years to see what he can do doesn't exactly make a bandwagon but if you've got to think in terms of extreme positions to make a thread, have at it.

If these people truly believe giving him another year to get things together where were they after the Dallas, Seattle, Chicago, and Tampa Bay game? These ideas where thrown around after a win and not a loss. If that isnt bandwagoning idk what is

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com