Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Godfrey to play free safety?

41 posts in this topic

Posted

Godfrey is better at strong safety because he sucks at coverage. Would much rather see DJ Campbell at FS to see what he can do.

1 person likes this

Posted

They're looking at keeping DJ Campbell at SS and allowing Godfrey to roam at free.

Too bad the only think Godfrey does well is occasionally coming up being a flesh bomb against the run....or being a blitzer.

His worst games in Carolina were at FS.

Posted

In before CRA comes and tells you all how bad Godfrey is.

:)

Posted

I dont mind the switch, need our FS to have a little more ball skills and he's probably got the best right now

Godfrey has horrific coverage ability. Athletic? Heck yeah....but ole Ron clearly hasn't watched enough tape of Godfrey as a FS. 2 steps late.....

Posted

Godfrey has horrific coverage ability. Athletic? Heck yeah....but ole Ron clearly hasn't watched enough tape of Godfrey as a FS. 2 steps late.....

I know he's not the greatest, but who says DJ Campbell would be any better, plus from what I heard DJ was solid tackling on Sunday

Posted

Reading through this thread i have come to the conclusion that exactly zero of you have any clue what the difference between a FS and SS is. Its more complicated than, one roams and one hits. Godfrey belongs at FS and Campbell is a more natural SS. We could actually run a bit of cover 1, cover 3, and cover 5 with campbell in there.

Posted

FS is a major communication point in this defense. Maybe Godfrey can make the defensive back calls better than the seventh round rookie. Move him back so he can see the adjustments.

Posted

FS is a major communication point in this defense. Maybe Godfrey can make the defensive back calls better than the seventh round rookie. Move him back so he can see the adjustments.

Football-for-Dummies-Long-Howie-9780470125366.jpg

Posted

Godfrey sucks at man coverage. I always thought he was a better fit at free safety anyways. He actually has decent ball skills.

Posted

Godfrey has been an average/below average safety. He's just a guy. Doesn't do anything special really. He's a 4-5 player. We need more 7's - 8's on this team

Scale 1-10

Posted

In before CRA comes and tells you all how bad Godfrey is.

Too bad the only think Godfrey does well is occasionally coming up being a flesh bomb against the run....or being a blitzer.

His worst games in Carolina were at FS.

Wow, you called that perfectly Udogg, and CRA was pretty timely with it too.

Posted

Its so weird bc he came out of college as a really good coverage CB....PANTHER DEVELOPMENT!

One would think that a CB would be a better fit at FS but he is always flatfooted biting on playaction and lascks zone awareness.. He is a weird guy to figure out be he moves like an A player.