Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ladypanther

Ban weapons of mass destruction.....NOW

613 posts in this topic

I honestly don't think you can. A divorced, laid off drunk who lost custody and decides they will teach the ex a lesson. That's a crazed parent.

this is the problem... we can all come up with situations in which ANY security measure or legislated control will be inneffective... that doesn't mean we dismiss them.

If peeps are dead set on doing something it is extremely hard to stop them. If I wanted to breach the perimeter of a school to do harm I could. If all firearms were banned today and I wanted one I would get one tomorrow. Some poo you can't stop.

I like you Kurb.

But this is elementary type logic.

Gun advocates like to say these things because it is true. I don't mind saying that.

But when you combine crazy people with guns suddenly you have someone who is extremely deadly and now has the capacity to kill large numbers of people.

A crazy person without a gun can still be deadly, but only someone who has their head buried in the sand would believe that a crazy person with a knife or his bare hands is more of a risk to commit mass murder than a crazy person with a gun.

They are of equal blame. You can't absolve one in order to protect the other.

We need to do more to understand mental illness so we can prevent these things from happening, but we also need reduce a crazy person's options of tools for killing.

I agree with the bolded part 100000%. That said, to do such does not mean you have to punish/infringe on the rights of law abiding citizens. That's been the backbone of my argument from the start.

I guess I am just not articulate enough to express my points.

If peeps are dead set on doing something it is extremely hard to stop them. If I wanted to breach the perimeter of a school to do harm I could. If all firearms were banned today and I wanted one I would get one tomorrow. Some poo you can't stop.

you want a toe? I can get you a toe.

this is the problem... we can all come up with situations in which ANY security measure or legislated control will be inneffective... that doesn't mean we dismiss them.

I can comfortably dismiss the schools new security policy.

you want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Lol what? Did I fug up something?

Ben Franklin's ass stinks, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed

I can comfortably dismiss the schools new security policy.

so because it's less effective in the most extreme situations means it's completely ineffective in all situations?

i cannot comprehend this mindset. do you also not wear a seatbelt because a pipe might fly through the windshield and kill you?

The truth is by the way, I was a gun rights person for a long time.

But my resolve kept getting chipped away after every devastating mass shooting.

Columbine, Blacksburg, Aurora.

That resolve completely broke after Newtown.

When the president was naming the names of the kids who were killed that day I heard three names that struck me to my core:

Anna

Grace

Chase

I do not have any kids of my own at this point. But my beautiful niece is named Anna Grace. My awesome nephew is named Chase. Those three names shot chills down my spine, This could have been anyone's children. I began to question my own beliefs.

Right there something changed for me. I can't just bury my head in the sand anymore. All the talking points for gun rights seemed stupid and trivial after that.

Somthing has to change. Status quo is no longer acceptable.

1 person likes this

http://www.usatoday....ooting/1775469/

Question to the super pro gun peoples, if this stat is legit (i don't want to argue that atm) does that make you think twice about your pro gun beliefs?

just curious

That is a classic sneak way to make a statistic look material.

13 times a minuscule number is still minuscule.

I have a method where you can triple your chances of winning the powerball. Send me $50 and I will tell you.