• Please log in to reply
200 replies to this topic

#91 Dollar Store Dave

Dollar Store Dave

Formerly Know As Ruff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:24 PM

Radio guys interviewed Tolbert post game. He said he hopes the staff is all back next year.

Of course he does, it's mainly the San Diego coaches.

I bet if you asked a Pepsi exec what his favorite soda is, it definitely wouldn't be Coca-Cola.

#92 tight lines

tight lines

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:25 PM

You have in one hand you have the best DC in the NFL of the last 10 years

How exactly did dick lebeau get brought into this conversation?

#93 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• LocationWherever I May Roam
HUDDLER

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:28 PM

The Chiefs would have beaten the Chargers today. Playing their #3 and #4 RBs, O-line is in worse shape than Carolina's... did anyone see Rivers on the sidelines after the last fumble? The Chargers gave up on the game before halftime.

Using this game to measure anything or compare anything is just ignorant. Rivera should be gone as should the OC. The Panthers are building a resume with a lot of young, hungry guys trying to keep their jobs.

The Panthers beat a team that is already thinking about the off-season and what a new GM and coach will bring next season. Yippee! Don't try to over analyze it because there's nothing to it.

#94 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

SUPPORTER

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:29 PM

Now the one thing that may be more important than anything is the Head Coach/Quarterback relationship. We don't know but I feel like Rivera is an easy guy to get along with. He's a player's coach. He has a Super Bowl ring. If you bring in a whacko like Gruden, McDaniels, or Parcells (not saying those guys just saying coaches LIKE them) could it really damage Cam long term? Personally, I feel like Cam is still way ahead of schedule in his development. Even if Colin Cowherd thinks he's a bust.

#95 Dollar Store Dave

Dollar Store Dave

Formerly Know As Ruff

HUDDLER

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:30 PM

The Chiefs would have beaten the Chargers today. Playing their #3 and #4 RBs, O-line is in worse shape than Carolina's... did anyone see Rivers on the sidelines after the last fumble? The Chargers gave up on the game before halftime.

Using this game to measure anything or compare anything is just ignorant. Rivera should be gone as should the OC. The Panthers are building a resume with a lot of young, hungry guys trying to keep their jobs.

The Panthers beat a team that is already thinking about the off-season and what a new GM and coach will bring next season. Yippee! Don't try to over analyze it because there's nothing to it.

That's exactly how I feel about this situation. Even looking back to last week, we faced a team that is really just getting ready for the playoffs, not trying to play as hard as they can, etc. Judging this season, or Rivera's whole resume, by these last few games would be a mistake.

#96 emhoward

emhoward

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:33 PM

To me it literally, and I mean literally depends on the Saints game. Beat the saints I say keep him, lose to the saints I say dump him. The saints smashed the Bucs today, they are still playing hard, beat that team then Rivera deserves one more shot to me.

Lose and your gone. Last year we came into the last game against them on a hot streak and got it handed to us, I want Rivera to show me he's learned something from that.

#97 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• LocationSC
SUPPORTER

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:33 PM

Of course he does, it's mainly the San Diego coaches.

I bet if you asked a Pepsi exec what his favorite soda is, it definitely wouldn't be Coca-Cola.

I seriously doubt he's the only player who'd say that.

The team is still playing hard for Rivera even though the season is lost. Whether you like it or not, Richardson and the new GM will take that into account when deciding what to do about next year.

#98 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• LocationSC
SUPPORTER

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:35 PM

Remind me. Who did that team that's already thinking about the offseason play last week?

#99 Sloth

Sloth

idk

HUDDLER

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:39 PM

A gentle reminder that he'd still have Haruki Nakamura roaming (lol) the backfield if not for injury.

#100 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• LocationWherever I May Roam
HUDDLER

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:39 PM

"Now the one thing that may be more important than anything is the Head Coach/Quarterback relationship."
I have to respectfully disagree with you there. I think Cam's most important relationship on the staff is with Mike Shula.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users