200 replies to this topic

#136 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:28 PM

You're right, the Special Teams Coach was fired for no apparent reason.

..and Rivera has made statements all season long regarding his incorrect decisions.

Special teams coach firing was way over due though, the guy was a hold over from Fox and probably should have been fired then.

did forget about him.

#137 Chief Keek

Chief Keek

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:35 PM

Rushing Statistics Player Att Yds Yds/Att Long TD
DeAngelo Williams 142 508 3.6 30 3
Cam Newton 108 647 6.0 72 7
Jonathan Stewart 93 336 3.6 21 1
MikeTolbert 39 130 3.3 13 4

This stat should be more than enough explanation as to why Rivera and this staff should be gone. Our QB is our leading rusher! The only reason D'Lo has so many carries now is because J.Stew got hurt, otherwise it would be Cam.

3 Quality HB all with less yardage than our QB. Now Cam is going to get rushing yardage from him scrambling whenever plays break down or he doesn't see anything downfield. The problem was up until about 5 weeks ago the Spread Option crap.

That alone should tell you why Rivera isn't HC material, no HC in the NFL in their right mind would run the Option as their base offense. It took the GM getting fired before Rivera and co. decided they needed to make a change. A decent HC would have canned that Base Option offense from the beginning.

The option is a nice little wrinkle to throw in your playbook, not a entire scheme to run your Offense out of.

#138 tight lines

tight lines

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:36 PM

Special teams coach firing was way over due though, the guy was a hold over from Fox and probably should have been fired then.

did forget about him.

Murphy was not a Fox holdover he was hired in 2011

#139 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 5,224 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:40 PM

Murphy was not a Fox holdover he was hired in 2011

don't let facts get in the way of the self-proclaimed internet arguing champion, Doc Holiday

#140 tight lines

tight lines

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:44 PM

Also im not sure why people on here still have the blame fox mentality. Fox is about to go to the playoffs for the second staight year since leaving the panthers 2 years ago, whilst we still arent sniffing the playoffs (and before payton manning blah blah blah he won a playoff game last year with tim freaking The Golden Calf of Bristol at qb The Golden Calf of Bristol let that sink in for a second)

#141 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

We dominated time of possession though!

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,970 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:08 PM

(and before payton manning blah blah blah he won a playoff game last year with tim freaking The Golden Calf of Bristol at qb The Golden Calf of Bristol let that sink in for a second)

yeah fox went either 7-9 or 8-8 with us plenty of times

problem is that won't win you the nfc south

#142 tight lines

tight lines

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:15 PM

yeah fox went either 7-9 or 8-8 with us plenty of times

problem is that won't win you the nfc south

8-8 is pretty impressive given his qb situation last year.

#143 Mother Grabber

Mother Grabber

Gettlemagic 2.0

• HUDDLER
  • 13,892 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:19 PM

if we're strictly talking records, then firing the staff seems more obvious. However, we have seen considerable growth in the defense and in Cam. As long as we finish out playing like this, I'd like to see what he can do in a 3rd year. I'll bet we make the playoffs and everyone will start talking about how this year was the big turnaround.

We never saw the same kind of growth/development with Fox's teams. It's great to see our team get better and the young players develop into studs.

#144 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 5,765 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:29 PM

I don't want him back but he will probably be back.

#145 DeeJay

DeeJay

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts
  • LocationHell Paso Texas

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:31 PM

At the end of the day it's all up to the New GM to keep Rivera or not.

#146 Yaboychris28

Yaboychris28

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:45 PM

I don't see why people hate Chud so much. I really don't get it. I actually like what he's been doing with this offense lately

#147 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,709 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:10 AM

I don't see why people hate Chud so much. I really don't get it. I actually like what he's been doing with this offense lately

And that's the whole problem.

#148 Mother Grabber

Mother Grabber

Gettlemagic 2.0

• HUDDLER
  • 13,892 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:13 AM

they did give up on the read option, though, and our offense is back to what it was last year. That's great to see. A full season of this offense, without trying to get cute, and our team is bad ass. I'd love to see that next season.

#149 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 42,222 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:26 AM

They tried something that didn't work, so they canned it and went back to what did.

Adjustments. Works for me.

For my part, I think overall Chudzinski is a better play designer than play caller. But again, lately, he's doing okay at both.

#150 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 25,349 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:36 AM

I may be one of the few, but I agree with Scot on this one.

I sense a lot of people want to win right away, well there is more of a chance of that happening with a returning Rivera than it would with an entirely new staff, system, etc...

This very likely could be a three year process where Rivera and the Panthers finally get it right in the third year.

However, if the Panthers new GM decides to hire a completely new coaching staff that runs an entirely new system (pretty much everyone except Chip Kelly, Chip's offense is somewhat similar to our current one), then we are in another rebuilding mode, a.k.a another two more seasons before we are going to be a playoff team.

Give Rivera one more go at if the season starts off poorly (0-3, 0-4 etc...) just can him early.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com