• Please log in to reply
200 replies to this topic

#121 tight lines

tight lines

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:22 PM

A lot of people don't want to give Rivera any credit because they are butt hurt over how the season has gone on

Some of us want to give him credit for his entire body of work, not just the last 4 games.

#122 Sword

Sword

Ninja Pirate

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,174 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:22 PM

I wont' freak if he's let go, but it will be awesome to see the many rage posts if/when he is retained.

#123 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

• HUDDLER
  • 3,762 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:32 PM

Some of us want to give him credit for his entire body of work, not just the last 4 games.

are you for real? did you just quote that single part of my post because the rest of it hurts your biased opinion too much?

In case you forgot I already addressed that in my last post in fact it was THE REST OF THE POST.

but who cares when facts get in the way of a good argument again.

-_-

#124 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,345 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:34 PM

I for one am eagerly anticipating next season when Rivera randomly switches to the Wildcat as our base offensive set until week 8.

I almost lost it when Chud opted to start the game today with the wildcat.

Here's Chud: "Let's see...we've got the hottest QB in the game right now...I know, let's run the wildcat. They'll never expect that."

That is the problem with Chud in a nutshell and I have no faith he'll ever be any different.

#125 tight lines

tight lines

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:46 PM

are you for real? did you just quote that single part of my post because the rest of it hurts your biased opinion too much?

In case you forgot I already addressed that in my last post in fact it was THE REST OF THE POST.

but who cares when facts get in the way of a good argument again.

-_-

I quoted that part because that's the part I was addressing. I can only speak for myself, but the reasons I don't want to see rivera back in Carolina next year are big picture. He has shown he doesn't have what it takes to be a hc in the NFL in my opinion. This team has obviously got the talent, but they don't have the leadership to put them over the top. Leadership starts with the hc, he has to own everything. Rivera has not shown that ability, he always has someone else to blame. His game management has been beyond horrible in a number of games. He only seems to make adjustments when its too late. Boy can he coach when the season is already lost and the opponents are weak though.

#126 Keith Moons Liver

Keith Moons Liver

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,532 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:50 PM

If we keep him, we deserve everything bad that happens to us.

#127 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 5,428 posts
  • LocationAlmost where I want to be...

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:55 PM

I almost lost it when Chud opted to start the game today with the wildcat.

Here's Chud: "Let's see...we've got the hottest QB in the game right now...I know, let's run the wildcat. They'll never expect that."

That is the problem with Chud in a nutshell and I have no faith he'll ever be any different.

Actually, in keeping with the theme of the thread, this is the problem with Rivera. The notion that Chud is running elementary college offenses and pulling this offensive scheme out of his a$$ every week, while Rivera stands idly by and does nothing.

Losing games is one thing, winning meaningless games is another and allowing the Offensive Coordinator to design a game plan based on Madden or whatever he's using and not dictate the offensive personality of this team is by far the most egregious lack of leadership and not acting as the head coach of the team.

#128 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

• HUDDLER
  • 3,762 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:12 PM

I quoted that part because that's the part I was addressing. I can only speak for myself, but the reasons I don't want to see rivera back in Carolina next year are big picture.

He has shown he doesn't have what it takes to be a hc in the NFL in my opinion.

This team has obviously got the talent, but they don't have the leadership to put them over the top.

Leadership starts with the hc, he has to own everything. Rivera has not shown that ability, he always has someone else to blame.

His game management has been beyond horrible in a number of games. He only seems to make adjustments when its too late. Boy can he coach when the season is already lost and the opponents are weak though.

B1) I don't see how you can say that, the team has rallied around him and are playing lights out for him, a lot of players aren't playing for themselves at this point they are playing for the Coach, case in point is todays game, the Chargers you could see wanted to just be done with the season and be somewhere else while the Panthers were still hungry for a win.

U1) there are serous issues with 2 key parts of the team, O-line and DB's, almost all the offensive and defensive issues can be placed on both unites and are the number 1 cause of our losses this season.

B2) where has Rivera blamed anyone else? I've stated things a blind man could see that many fans want to ignore because it's just easier to blame the coach but I've not seen Rivera himself out anyone.

U2) I think the Coaching issues this season could be summed up like this, offense over the first 4 games was ran way too gimmicky, there have been some issues with decisions but personnel overall hurt more.

the biggest games I have Coaching issues with were the Bucs 1&2 Giants and Denver games. those are the games I can say Coaching was definitely a big part of the issue, but those games by themselves are not why we aren't in the playoffs.

Other losses, Atlanta(DB's), Seattle (Cam, Oline) Cowboys(refs screwed us over) Chicago(Punter Shanks a kick horribly bad, and Cam throws a bad Pick 6) KC (emotional game after tragedy).

#129 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 3,652 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:14 PM

B1) I don't see how you can say that, the team has rallied around him and are playing lights out for him, a lot of players aren't playing for themselves at this point they are playing for the Coach, case in point is todays game Changers you could see wanted to just be done with the season and be somewhere else while the Panthers were still hungry for a win.

U1) there are serous issues with 2 key parts of the team, O-line and DB's, almost all the offensive and defensive issues can be placed on both unites and are the number 1 cause of our losses this season.

B2) where has Rivera blamed anyone else? I've stated things a blind man could see that many fans want to ignore because it's just easier to blame the coach but I've not seen Rivera himself out anyone.

U2) I think the Coaching issues this season could be summed up like this, offense over the first 4 games was ran way too gimmicky, there have been some issues with decisions but personnel overall hurt more.

the biggest games I have Coaching issues with were the Bucs 1&2 Giants and Denver games. those are the games I can say Coaching was definitely a big part of the issue, but those games by themselves are not why we aren't in the playoffs.

Other losses, Atlanta(DB's), Seattle (Cam, Oline) Cowboys(refs screwed us over) Chicago(Punter Shanks a kick horribly bad, and Cam throws a bad Pick 6) KC (emotional game after tragedy).

cliffnotes for everyone: buncha bullshit excuses

#130 grateflday

grateflday

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:18 PM

No he shouldnt.... the next thing will be another wasted season when they start 1-4 ; 2-8 again.

#131 xlightsoutx

xlightsoutx

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,393 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:21 PM

If he makes it back, he has 4 games next season in my mind. 4. Anything less than 2-2 to start and I say he's out. Hell, we start 0-2 and he may only have 3 games. He makes it past that, then we better be at least .500 by the halfway point of the season. After all that, then he's OK in my mind so long as we don't lose out in the 2nd half of the year.

#132 tight lines

tight lines

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:21 PM

When has rivera ever came out and said he or any other coach made a mistake?
One situation in specific I can think when he said he would like to see the dbs play a little tighter coverage even though the coaches obviously did not call a tighter coverage

#133 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

• HUDDLER
  • 3,762 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:22 PM

cliffnotes for everyone: buncha bullshit excuses

labeling easier then arguing your point of view now? lol

Haters gonna hate.

#134 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 5,428 posts
  • LocationAlmost where I want to be...

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:26 PM

One situation in specific I can think when he said he would like to see the dbs play a little tighter coverage even though the coaches obviously did not call a tighter coverage

You're right, the Special Teams Coach was fired for no apparent reason.

..and Rivera has made statements all season long regarding his incorrect decisions.

#135 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

• HUDDLER
  • 3,762 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:26 PM

So he calls out the Unit on the team that has played the worse this season? We knew our DB's were crap last year and only added Nakamura. big whop

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.