Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cam has taken the next step

37 posts in this topic

Posted

A win is a win no matter when you get it. And winning one on the road is even tougher. This team is hitting on all cylinders and if for only a few weeks, their play lets us peek into our potential future. Instead of finding things to bitch about, I am going to enjoy the wins as they come. Plenty of time to whine once the regular season is over.

1 person likes this

Posted

He will have the same amount of pressure next year as he does this year. Learning to be a QB in the NFL is about learning to handle that pressure. Cam appears to be learning to handle it.

It seems a lot of Cam's struggles came when he tried to do to much. It felt like he was putting way to much pressure on himself to win. That is what I mean about pressure. Not pressure from the other team.

Posted

Last year I said week 17 against the saints, lets see what we are made of, and if the second half of the season surge was just due to competition. I will say it again this year. If we go out and beat that ass rivera should stay. If we go out and get blasted again this year we HAVE to get a new staff in here.

Posted

"Its part of the process."

Posted

Maybe fans are now looking at him as a second year NFL player, who never really played the Traditional QB position in College. For a guy who really has 3-4 years of real QB experience, I have to say Cam has been extremely impressive. I doubt Cam has been under center as a true QB more than a college Junior QB, who learned the spread. I think Cam will need another 2-3 years in the NFL to really grasp the position fully. Fans just need to have more patience and let the young man grow.

Posted

There is a huge difference over the last 6 games. It's so obvious. Everytime he is rushed he now checks down. he knows when it's coming and knows how to get rid of the ball. He's been playing like a top 10 QB for several weeks now.

Is your avature photoshopped? If not, it's badass

Posted

Yup, he has evolved... there are no limits on what we can accomplish if he continues on this path.

Posted

it doesn't hurt when you run a more traditional offense, utilize his strengths on bootlegs & things like that.

BINGO we need more of this!

Also, I feel like we had Cam go easy today cause he got banged up a bit to start off. But hey, we ran a balanced O and spread the ball around and we beat em 31-7. We don't necessarily need Cam to do all the rushing.

1 person likes this

Posted

He better go up a few points in Madden BTW, completely under rated at 90 considering how much of a threat he is...

1 person likes this

Posted

Is your avature photoshopped? If not, it's badass

Nah bro, i found it here. Awesome photo of 2 of the greatest panthers.

http://www.zimbio.com/photos/Cam+Newton/Julius+Peppers

Posted

My favorite stat of the game was in the 4th when they showed that Cam had 153 passes w/o an INT. The streak is still live, ended a few more than 153, and is a Panthers record. Love how he's taking better care of the ball and making good decisions.

1 person likes this

Posted

Yup, he has evolved...

No. He was created :D