Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How has Silatolu progressed?

68 posts in this topic

Posted

If you think silatolu is good, you got dropped on your head too many times, in fact and abundant amount of retarded times to the point that you are a basketball.

Posted

this guy is garbage and shouldn't be starting. We need to bring in veteran offensive lineman who aren't cut for sucking.

I have heard this garbage on just about every player on the team.Why don't you back it up with some measurable stats that we can make sense of .

I admit I am not good at evaluating OL talent but the everyone on the team sucks attitude is a waste of time.

Posted

If you think silatolu is good, you got dropped on your head too many times, in fact and abundant amount of retarded times to the point that you are a basketball.

Maybe someone needs to drop you on your head

1 person likes this

Posted

I have heard this garbage on just about every player on the team.Why don't you back it up with some measurable stats that we can make sense of .

I admit I am not good at evaluating OL talent but the everyone on the team sucks attitude is a waste of time.

Just watch him play. There's no stats he's damn lineman, unless you count penalties which i know he's up there. He gets no push and gets beat inside all the time. It might have gotten better recently, but the whole line is garbage.

Posted

Just watch him play. There's no stats he's damn lineman, unless you count penalties which i know he's up there. He gets no push and gets beat inside all the time. It might have gotten better recently, but the whole line is garbage.

http://www.nflpenalties.com/player/a-silatolu-carolina-panthers?year=2012

9 penalties for Silatolu

http://www.nflpenalties.com/all-players.php

#26 on the list.

Further breakdown:

2 vs. TB

1 vs. ATL

3 vs. DAL

1 vs. DEN

1 vs. TB

1 vs. SD

Also with 9 penalties this season: Cordy Glenn, Anquan Boldin, Jermaine Gresham, Patrick Robinson, Eric Winston, and Von Miller.

Posted

For a lineman ... he needs to cut the senseless penalties. Other than that, I think he has played well all things considered.

Posted

Bell was a penalty machine last year, yet, only committed 3 so far this year. Amini needs time, especially coming from a DII school. The whole damn line has been a mess thus far, so the incontinuity has certainly been a haywire on his early progression. But that doesn't mean he's a bust and should be thrown into the trash.

We don't exactly have the cap room to go willy-nilly through free agency and find a polished guard. We're either stuck with what we have or find more rookies and start the process over again.

Posted

If you look at the last two games for Silatolu, PFF gave him a +5 for week 14 and had a positive rating against the Chargers in week 15. So he has been playing better as of late. Considering where he's coming from and that he's switching positions, his progress is fine.

Posted

I think we need to find a competent replacement for silatolu, I don't want to go on another season hoping like I did with Fua and McClain. Fua is a back up and so is Silatolu. At least bring he another athletic body to up the ante so he won't feel like he owns the position.

Posted

I think we need to find a competent replacement for silatolu, I don't want to go on another season hoping like I did with Fua and McClain. Fua is a back up and so is Silatolu. At least bring he another athletic body to up the ante so he won't feel like he owns the position.

It takes a long time for Offensive linemen to make the jump, even first round picks will struggle with the jump to the NFL and that's coming from a Major conference and school. This kid is making the jump from basically community college to the NFL and has performed well in the past few games. He's shown flashes of why he was regarded as the first or second rated OG in the draft during the season as well.

1 person likes this

Posted

It takes a long time for Offensive linemen to make the jump, even first round picks will struggle with the jump to the NFL and that's coming from a Major conference and school. This kid is making the jump from basically community college to the NFL and has performed well in the past few games. He's shown flashes of why he was regarded as the first or second rated OG in the draft during the season as well.

If you are saying he is a project, then we don't have that type of time.

Posted

Bell has to move to gaurd next season.

LT- Draft or Free agent

LG- Bell

C-Kalil

RG-Silatolu

RT-Gross

then draft another tackle in the next draft to eventually take over for Gross

Not sure if anyone has commented on this because I am halfway through reading the board, but Bell was tried at RG agianst the Cowboys, I think. Not sure why that experiment did not work. Was it that Williams sucked at RT, or that Bell sucked at RG?