Photo
- - - - -

Rivera fate rests with JR?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
26 replies to this topic

#16 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:18 PM

Please JR let that clown go.

The only reason we are winning games now is because of Cam and our defense has showed up.Rivera is not head coaching material he shows no emotion on the sideline whether we win or lose.I also don't want a head coach who doesn't back his franchise qb in the media.When Cam was getting bashed by the media Rivera was nowhere to be found,a real leader would back his franchise player,yet Rivera stayed quiet and let Cam take all the blame as if he didn't deserve any blame for his terrible coaching and clock managment at the end of games.

Rivera is not a leader of man,and he is too laid back/cool as a coach,he doesn't demand respect from the players.I have yet to see any of our key players say anything good about Rivera,he needs to go period.

Rivera also coaches different in meaningless games.....so his coaching HAS been part of the improved play. We needed a yard earlier in the season several times.....now, late, and meaningless.....he goes and get that yard on the ground.

#17 tight lines

tight lines

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:23 PM

The bears also changed their Gm without changing their coach. And Accorsi did not retire willingly.

From what I can gather accorsi had been talking about retiring for several years. I dont see anything beyond speculation that indicates his retirement was forced.

The bears situation is closer.
Lovie has had a bit more success than rivera, was in the playoffs his second and third years as a head coach, and has not had back to back losing seasons in 8 years as a head coach.

Rivera on the other hand is starting out with back to back losing seasons

#18 Leeroy Jenkins PhD

Leeroy Jenkins PhD

HCIC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:44 PM

Maybe...... hopefully....... if some how Rivera doesn't get canned....... he learned a few things from these last couple games. You have to remember, he is learning as a HC too.

The issue is, getting a great GM here will be a lot easier if we give him permission to bring in his own coaching staff.

#19 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

Moderators

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:58 PM

Oh no.

He'll be back.

#20 davos

davos

€∞€∞€∞€

HUDDLER

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:24 PM

I think it's 50/50 right now

If we lose to Oakland for sure, if we beat them then lose badly to NO (which I can actually see happening) he's gone

7-9 or goodbye imo

I like him and think he's established a potentially strong offense & defense for us and heck the playbooks with Chud and McD are good but he can't execute or make the proper in-game management moves as CRA alluded to. He's half a head coach. We don't have a sideline coach and that's a problem whether it be a coordinator or hc.

#21 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:49 PM

If this is the case then their is no need for a GM.

because that's all we need a new GM for?

#22 Bj-Monster23

Bj-Monster23

Slam Newton

SUPPORTER

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:52 PM

because that's all we need a new GM for?

No, but you're handicapping the GM coming out the gate. If JR makes this decision before we find out who our GM will be it could hurt our chances at landing a top candidate. It will also make Rivera feel that he has a little more power or even say over the GM. In other words we would be starting a poo storm.

#23 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

HUDDLER

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:57 PM

if this decision is made solely by JR, we can forget about a decent GM.

#24 chknwing

chknwing

SUPPORTER

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:58 PM

I am much more concerned with a new GM fixing the mess of contracts hurney left then who he wants as a coach.

#25 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:12 PM

considering the panthers don't have a GM at the moment, yeah I think that'd be a pretty solid assumption.

#26 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:17 PM

considering the panthers don't have a GM at the moment, yeah I think that'd be a pretty solid assumption.

good point.

#27 KJ89

KJ89

bottom line

HUDDLER

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:18 PM

My debating keeping Rivera or not has driven me mad.