Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Paying Greg Hardy

32 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Have we (or Hurney rather) painted ourselves into a corner by paying C.J. so much? Hardy has more sacks this season already than Johnson did in 2010 and will likely want similar money, which he obviously won't get with the new GM.

Posted · Report post

In B4 Hurney Magic... But seriously that was some Hurney Magic.

No worries I'm sure Ross Magic will work too.

Posted · Report post

Can we please worry about these things when they actually need to be worried about? We have Hardy at least through 2014, so we've got time.

Posted · Report post

BTW CJ signed a big deal but it wasn't Dwight Freeney/Julius Peppers big. Personally I think CJ has been earning his money.

Posted · Report post

Are you insulating that somehow Johnson is overrated? Wow, I've heard it all 10.5 sacks and 7 FF. 29.5 sacks in a three season span.......
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I would think it'd be more economical to try to extend him this offseason, before he goes and has another monster season next year, then his contract runs out and it's up to the highest bidder. Of course, that'll be tough with the way our cap is looking this coming year but if they can work it out to lock the Kraken up for another 5 or so years for less than what we'd have to pay him in 2014 it'll be worth not signing a mid-tier FA or two.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Pay the Kraken in Kraken!!!

[img]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Zps9SCpmpPY/TNrP6FVG4RI/AAAAAAAACas/iAHG9Scw2dw/s1600/kraken-rum-500x382.jpg[/img]

Posted · Report post

First we've got figure out how to keep Chud from getting a head coaching job!

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Delhommey' timestamp='1355824003' post='2052263']
[/quote]

Then we have to prevent Cam from going to a bigger market, then we have to prevent Kuechly from going to another team.

Posted · Report post

Sorry, but since he is not a running back, we can't pay him. :)

Posted · Report post

keep his cage fairly clean and give him live chickens and pigs to chase down and eat (of course you quit feeding him on Wednesday so he's really hungry on game day) and he'll be happy.
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

charles johnson's contract had a huge signing bonus that resulted in a really big number that media outlets could sling around (omg 6 years/$76 million and he's not julius peppers jared allen or dwight freeney wtf is going on here) but his cap hit is actually not overly cumbersome. it's actually on the mid-low end of the scale for a-list passrushers like the aforementioned. johnson's cap hit was $11 million this year and should be $13 million next year where as allen's was greater than $15 million and will go above $17 million next year. peppers' cap hit was $12.4 million this season and will reach $16.4 million next year.
3 people like this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='JawnyBlaze' timestamp='1355822686' post='2052258']
I would think it'd be more economical to try to extend him this offseason, before he goes and has another monster season next year, then his contract runs out and it's up to the highest bidder. Of course, that'll be tough with the way our cap is looking this coming year but if they can work it out to lock the Kraken up for another 5 or so years for less than what we'd have to pay him in 2014 it'll be worth not signing a mid-tier FA or two.
[/quote]

This guy gets it. If there's anyone we need to get locked up long term before he's a FA it's Hardy....
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Carolinaguy88' timestamp='1355823148' post='2052259']
Pay the Kraken in Kraken!!!

[img]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Zps9SCpmpPY/TNrP6FVG4RI/AAAAAAAACas/iAHG9Scw2dw/s1600/kraken-rum-500x382.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

That stuff is actually pretty good...

Posted · Report post

[quote name='jtgreensboro' timestamp='1355819556' post='2052242']
Are you insulating that somehow Johnson is overrated? Wow, I've heard it all 10.5 sacks and 7 FF. 29.5 sacks in a three season span.......
[/quote]

So you are saying you have a overrated johnson? Is this where someone says "that's what she said"? Just asking

Posted · Report post

...well sombody's gonna

Posted · Report post

[quote name='jtgreensboro' timestamp='1355819556' post='2052242']
[/quote]

Well said JT:

CJ deserved every penny of that contract and is earning it or he would be doing that for the Falcons fo about the same cash..your choice shortsighted members of the Huddle.

Posted · Report post

we really, really dodged a bullet not letting him go to atlanta. seriously imagine him book ending abraham instead of kroy biermann or lawrence sidbury or whoever the fug they're propping up on the other side of that line.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='JawnyBlaze' timestamp='1355822686' post='2052258']
[/quote]I like that idea...

Posted · Report post

Agreed this offseason is the time to lock him in for a [b]reasonable [/b]amount. This dilemma will actually play into this year's draft. Older guys like Gross with hefty salaries may be in jeopardy because of the need to lock in young, dynamic talent like Hardy and Kuechly. Also don't think Godfrey will survive the triage with his contract.

And we better start worrying about Cam right now. When his contract is up, he'll be top 5 highest paid in the league. We'd better lock up some of these other concerns before his time comes.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='I Registered To Post This' timestamp='1355841319' post='2052376']
we really, really dodged a bullet not letting him go to atlanta. seriously imagine him book ending abraham instead of kroy biermann or lawrence sidbury or whoever the fug they're propping up on the other side of that line.
[/quote]

Seriously...if he wasn't a Panther he would 100% be a Falcon right now.

*Vomits in mouth at the thought of CJ in red.

Posted · Report post

I don't even want to think about this...

Posted · Report post

You don't lock up the Kraken long term until it's absolutely necessary. His nickname is fitting because much like the mythical Kraken we have very little control over him, we simply release him on Sundays. He's good for a dumb offseason incident or two every year and while his antics against ATL were productive, that sort of stuff can be a double edged sword. Bottom line is the Kraken will destroy, the kraken will feast, on whom is the question!

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Delhommey' timestamp='1355824003' post='2052263']
[/quote]
insert Norv Turner