If you look back and follow that draft pick...
- We traded our pick (THe one right before Noah was drafted) of Brandon Wright to the Golden State Warriors for Jason Richardson and Jamereo Davidson (2nd round pick who was out the NBA the next year)
-Then the following year we traded Richardon along with Jared Dudley to the Suns for Raja Bell, Boris Diaw, and Sean Singletary (Quickly out the NBA)
- Diaw (Spent 3 garbage years here before being waived)
- Bell, the following year after being acquired was traded with Vlad for S-Jax and Acie Law from the warriors
-Acie Law was traded to Chicago with Ronald Murry (Garbage) for Tyrus Thomas from Chicago (They were unloading $$$ for the summer of Lebron)
- Jax, lead us to our first NBA playoffs and spent two good seasons with the franchise before being traded to the Bucks along with our 19th draft pick in a 3 way trade receiving Corey Maggette and the 7th pick (Biz)
- Maggette was then traded a year later for Gordon and a future first...
So All that to say what... That pick we did not draft Noah along with our #22 draft pick of Jared Dudley that same year, and our #19 pick in the 2011 essentially turned into (Of Value)
- 2 Years of S-Jax who helped in leading us to our first playoff
- Bismack Biyombo
- Ben Gordon and a future 1st round pick
So hindsight being 20/20 was it worth it... should we have taken Noah.... I don't know... But from those 3 picks looking at the totality of the situation I think we have gotten good value and still have more to come with Detroit;s pick ( Which will probably be in 2015 and it will only be protected for the #1 pick)
jesus you put a lot of work and thought into that