Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's in your liquor cabinet?

67 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Shufdog' timestamp='1356216214' post='2057867']
[img]http://www.ghettowine.com/pics/maddog/maddog.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

I see your MD and raise you:

[img]http://www.plateoftheday.com/food_blog/nightTrainInHand.gif[/img]

Posted · Report post

[quote name='PhillyB' timestamp='1356225562' post='2057935']
we just started carrying highland park... not my favorite but it's not bad.

what i've never understood people's obsession with JW Blue. it's ok, but for its reputation and price it's pretty underwhelming. i'd take a macallan 15 over it any day
[/quote]
i've never had blue label due to not being an idiot with my money, but if it's anything like most JWs i can't imagine it's worth it. i've never been much for blended scotch regardless.

i'd definitely try it if someone poured me a glass, but that's where my interest in that ends.

Posted · Report post

yeah i can't imagine paying $300+ for a bottle of blended malt. i actually enjoy JWR (but it's cheap as hell so the quality/price ratio is legit.)

Posted · Report post

You like red label neat? i would use it in an old fashioned or something but wtf

Posted · Report post

yeah i know it's an embarrassment but i love the stuff. back in my broke college days that's what i drank. now i can afford the macallan but in a pinch i'm ok with red label

Posted · Report post

I've been given blue on a number of occasions (bottles) and some macallan 25 (by the glass) and I would take a single glass of 25 over a bottle of jwb 10 out of 10 times.

Brought my dad back some old pulteney 21 from England. It's tasty

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Panthro' timestamp='1356233021' post='2058045']
I've been given blue on a number of occasions (bottles) and some macallan 25 (by the glass) and I would take a single glass of 25 over a bottle of jwb 10 out of 10 times.

Brought my dad back some old pulteney 21 from England. It's tasty
[/quote]

it's the Apple of whisky. make it twice the price of comparable products and people will buy it to show off.

Posted · Report post

*note to self, get macallan

Posted · Report post

Jack
Tennessee Honey
Patron
Hennessy
Captain Morgan

Posted · Report post

[quote name='PhillyB' timestamp='1356232788' post='2058041']
yeah i know it's an embarrassment but i love the stuff. back in my broke college days that's what i drank. now i can afford the macallan but in a pinch i'm ok with red label
[/quote]

I gave JW Black Label a shot today because the store was one of the only things open.

It's actually rather good. Not even 'for the price,' it was good overall. The only JW I'd had was red so I had extremely low expectations.

I'll still stick with single malt, but I don't regret branching out lol

Posted · Report post

Evan Williams egg nog

Posted · Report post

JWB is regarded as a top shelf brand internationally (outside of europe of course.) that poo is far more expensive in south america and asia than it should be, even with import costs driving up the cost overall. it's marketed heavily so drinking it is considered a class symbol in a lot of ways, so i guess they can get away with it.

what's a fifth in the US? like 50-60 bucks? it's 120 for a bottle in a supermarket in quito