Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ref says Newton's contact wasn't malicious

98 posts in this topic

Posted

After the tackle he got an extra head shove in front of the ref.. Id be a bit frustrated by that too..

The tackle was fine but as they slid the head shot set Cam off. Cam saw the ref was looking right at the play and just shoulder shrugged it... Saving the flag for when an actual football play is made.

Posted

That Dallas Steve Smith ejection was a crock of sh*t, pure and simple.

The ref said Cam wasn't being malicious, that should be the end of it.

Posted

lol brady does that and it's guts and fire and leadership and passion

$cam does that and he's the big black thug everyone knew he was

unbelievable

1 person likes this

Posted

Exactly...If the defender had done the same thing to Brady,Rogers,Brees then he would have been flagged. Can you say double standards?

Posted

It interesting to hear about stuff like this after the game, because there is definately a different perspective when seeing plays live vs watching on tv. I definately saw Cam do a little extra bump,,,, but from seeing it live, it was like the ref was right there almost already touching hime when Cam got up. That didnt show any replays so that was the only look we got.

Posted

Exactly...If the defender had done the same thing to Brady,Rogers,Brees then he would have been flagged. Can you say double standards?

I felt that way about the flag Kraken got for the hit on Palmer. It looked clean as hell to me, but the refs threw the flag cuz Palmer got rocked.

1 person likes this

Posted

I felt that way about the flag Kraken got for the hit on Palmer. It looked clean as hell to me, but the refs threw the flag cuz Palmer got rocked.

That was a game changing hit and worth the penalty everytime.

Posted

It seems like the refs automatically throw a flag when they see a player doesn't get up right away. When I see a hard hit in the NFL today I know to watch for the yellow flag 2-3 seconds after that. Hard hit, player stays down = flag. Hard hit, player pops up = no flag.

1 person likes this

Posted

He was upset over a series of late hits that were not called. On the last, after he threw the ball the defender drove him into the ground and no call was made. He got up and let the ref know about it, might've made contact with him. He got a flag and that was it. Nothing you dont see guys like Brady and Eli do from time to time.

I call bullshit

You know damn well he made contact with the ref and I have never seen brady or any other qb do so and not get penalized

Cam has some growing up to do and to stop acting like a little bitch at times when he is frustrated-

the shits embarrassing

1 person likes this

Posted

That was a game changing hit and worth the penalty everytime.

Yeah I hear ya on that.... the sad thing though it was a clean hit and it seamed like today if a tackle just looked violent they were throwing a flag. At least the refs screwed both teams today with that.

1 person likes this

Posted

Cam was wrong, but the Raiders were hitting him with cheap shots all day. Both the sideline shove and the driving into the ground that resulted in Cam losing it should have been penalties. A defender also hit him in the pocket and led with his helmet.

None of these were called yet Luke's clean hit was. That crew flat sucked.

1 person likes this

Posted

Tom Cat menstruating in a Cam thread? That's unheard of.

4 people like this