Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jtnc

Maaaaaaan if Cam did this!

287 posts in this topic

Tim has been criticized for his play and been given the benefit of the doubt in every situation. Cam has been criticized for his character and not been given the benefit of the doubt in any situation. I think that's a fair statement. This is a bad move by The Golden Calf of Bristol.

1 person likes this

Not sure if serious.

Last year The Golden Calf of Bristol was criticized just as much as Cam. I know this because I got to Liberty (where The Golden Calf of Bristol fans live) and had to hear all the homers complain that The Golden Calf of Bristol was being treated unfairly. I myself am not a The Golden Calf of Bristol fan because he's not a good quarterback but the criticism that followed him was absurd.

I mean seriously, to say that a man is only good because of God is ridiculous (ESPN's First Take).

I'm chuckling at it, cause the Jets are such a dumpster fire right now.

1 person likes this

I'm chuckling at it, cause the Jets are such a dumpster fire right now.

That's an insult to dumpster fires.

1 person likes this

Newton has one of those personalities that makes some people love him and others hate him. Some people are just like that. You probably know more than one in your daily life.

That's not new to the Panthers, mind you. We've had Smitty for years.

Nor is it new to the league. Tom Brady comes off as a colossal prick to many. But to Patriot fans and favorable media, he's just "a fierce competitor".

Best way to overcome it? Ignore it and concentrate on winning games. The more you win, the more everybody comes to understand and accept your "quirks".

Agreed, that was pretty much my point.

1 person likes this

I don't think it's criticism when he actually can't throw.

The Golden Calf of Bristol will be praised by ESPN for doing it.

We all knew this was coming.

F023B062-694F-44AD-86BD-170ED285F868-2788-000001C50F4DCC07.jpg

Bayless. Lord almighty :rolleyes:

To piggyback on the comments of others, there is a definite difference of the criticism of The Golden Calf of Bristol and that of Cam.

The Golden Calf of Bristol, up to now, has been criticized only for his football skills (or lack thereof). This has been offset by damn near everyone talking about what a great guy he is. How many times have we heard comments like "the guy really stuggles as a passer, but he's the kind of guy you would want your daughter to bring to dinner".

Cam gets criticism for his play as well, and frankly, I usually have no problem with that type criticism when warranted. But he also gets constantly criticized for his character. This is in spite of the fact that he has never really done anything in the NFL that is indicative of someone with poor character. Sure, he has some maturity issues to work on, but he's not out clubbing or getting DUI's, he's not getting caught with guns, he doesn't have 6 or 8 kids getting child support, he doesn't throw his teammates under the proverbial bus, and he is generous with charity donations and with his time for good causes.

The double standard is blatant. I never really thought much about this bias until watching what Cam has gone through, but it becomes clearer to me every day. If I were him, I would be extremely distrustful of the press and be very wary of giving any kind of interview.

2 people like this