• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#61 iampantherman

iampantherman

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:46 PM

He lowered his helmet and launched himself. But imo it was a clean hit. Violent but clean. Carson Palmer knocked himself out of the game by holding the ball too long.

I agree. The NFL is in disagreement with itself. The game was built on violence and intense physicality. If it continues changing, it won't be worth watching imo. Hardy was flat out coming after Palmer- trying to get there as quick as he could. There was no intent in his hit. It was as clean as a whistle to me.

#62 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 18,217 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:44 PM

You forgot to finish that rule:

Doesn't apply.

That wasn't violent?

#63 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,047 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:49 PM

Not more violent than your average tackle. It only looked violent because of the size difference and the fact he came at him from behind. He didn't launch into him, he didn't do anything that was unnecessary in the goal of tackling the guy with the ball. He simply ran through him. If you think that was unnecessarily violent, then football might not be the best sport for you to watch. No one in this argument is going to convince anyone else so I'm done pointing out the obvious.

#64 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,347 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:02 PM

3rd and 1 at OAK 29 C.Palmer pass incomplete short right to D.Moore [G.Hardy]. OAK-C.Palmer was injured during the play. He is Out. PENALTY on CAR-G.Hardy, Roughing the Passer, 15 yards, enforced at OAK 29 - No Play.

http://scores.espn.g...ameId=321223029

I meant it shouldn't have been a penalty, textbook tackle.

#65 FastNFurious

FastNFurious

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:14 PM

Because he didn't arrive with caution tape wrapped around his waist and a surgeon general's warning glued to his hemet...

#66 aussiePanther

aussiePanther

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:31 PM

Not more violent than your average tackle. It only looked violent because of the size difference and the fact he came at him from behind. He didn't launch into him, he didn't do anything that was unnecessary in the goal of tackling the guy with the ball. He simply ran through him. If you think that was unnecessarily violent, then football might not be the best sport for you to watch. No one in this argument is going to convince anyone else so I'm done pointing out the obvious.

Mate, you've read the rule and still don't see how it's a penalty?
And we can't see the obvious?
Their QB had his ribs cracked and lungs bruised because he was hit to the ribs with a helmet at full speed when the defender could have tackled with shoulder and arms.
The fact that there were other, less "dangerous" or "violent" options that would have had the same result is what brings the flag and the resulting injuries bring the fine.
We all agree that five years ago (hell maybe even just two years ago) it would have been a celebrated hit shown repeatedly on highlight reels, but times and rules have changed.
If you can't see that you should expect to be mystified and pissed off at the refs every single game... well more so than normal. (we all still have to put up with poo like the bogus flag against Keek from the same game)

#67 tiger7_88

tiger7_88

old skool SWAG

• HUDDLER
  • 5,264 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:02 PM

Their QB had his ribs cracked and lungs bruised because he was hit to the ribs with a helmet at full speed when the defender could have tackled with shoulder and arms.
The fact that there were other, less "dangerous" or "violent" options that would have had the same result is what brings the flag and the resulting injuries bring the fine.
We all agree that five years ago (hell maybe even just two years ago) it would have been a celebrated hit shown repeatedly on highlight reels, but times and rules have changed.
If you can't see that you should expect to be mystified and pissed off at the refs every single game... well more so than normal. (we all still have to put up with poo like the bogus flag against Keek from the same game)

Wassup, James?

#68 aussiePanther

aussiePanther

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:54 AM

Wassup, James?

Nope, I'm not James... or do you mean something else?

#69 aussiePanther

aussiePanther

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:13 PM

Way to beat a dead horse I know, but I was rewatching this game today and there's one thing I don't _think_ (am I wrong?) was brought up in this argument which would go slightly against my previous points.

It's the point that if Hardy hadn't launched himself and (therefore gone headfirst) I don't think he would have gotten to the QB until AFTER a pass had been gotten off.
So the argument could be made that there were no other "less violent or dangerous options" that would have had the same result.

In the end it's a subjective call that needs to be made by refs in the heat of the moment so it's hard to hold it against them, especially when it's such a massive hit as this one.

#70 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,047 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:20 PM

The thing is... he didnt launch. Launching is leaving the feet. He ran through the tackle like he was supposed to, head up facemask forward like he was supposed to. It's a dead issue, but still one they got wrong.

#71 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:31 AM

Brian Orakpo hit Cam the same way last year on a red zone play and No penalty was called.

#72 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:31 AM

Brian Orakpo hit Cam the same way last year on a red zone play and No penalty was called.

#73 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,722 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:29 AM

Posted Image

Look at the asshole in the upper right corner wearing a Steelers shirt to a Raiders/Panthers game. I'd like to break that guys ribs.

#74 Frizzy350

Frizzy350

• HUDDLER
  • 2,351 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:52 PM

Palmer is an old man who is significantly smaller than our newest athletic freak Greg Hardy. Cam is probably larger than Orakpo. It all about perception.

#75 Lumps

Lumps

Jase is butthurt

• HUDDLER
  • 5,561 posts
  • LocationSouth Charlotte

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:36 PM

he got flagged because of the everyone hates cam conspiracy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com