Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Happy Panther

Cam Newton likely to be fined by NFL for bumping official

89 posts in this topic

the ref said the bump wasn't malicious, not that he didn't bump into him.

bottom line, you are not to touch intentionally touch the referees...or do too much trash talking.

either way, he'll be fined because he broke the rules. the nfl has never let anything slide when it comes to an infraction against a referee.

He also said he misspoke and did not mean to call the penalty for Bumping an Official but for the words Cam said to him.

The guy is a moron, that much has been established. However if you can't touch an official, then this same guy once gave Vince Young a high-five and in that same game had Steve Smith draped around his shoulders.

You either can or you can't, now there are stories saying Cam did and didn't. Just a bunch of hogwash to me.

whatever. i'm actually surprised the fine wasn't for the kick rather than yelling at the ref

The ref even said it was not malicious, and that the penalty was for screaming at him. If they're going to fine him, it should be "for disrespect" or it should be very minor, because it was clearly an accident that he bumped into him.

Yep I agree maybe a token fine to let the players know it will not be tolerated. I hope Cam will learn from this.

Cam does deserve to get fined. This was not good for his image.

Yep and niether was his kicking tantrum. People can defend him here all they want, but Cam gives reasons for poeple to pick him apart. He is immature, I'm sure he'll get over it but the fact remains he needs to quit that poo.

Yep and niether was his kicking tantrum. People can defend him here all they want, but Cam gives reasons for poeple to pick him apart. He is immature, I'm sure he'll get over it but the fact remains he needs to quit that poo.

Agree 100%. I love the guy but he has to stop acting out like this. I was at a bar watching this game and the fans there were killing him. It's tough to defend the guy when he acts like this.

I think a fine is appropriate.

This.

The NFL has been very consistent with this. You touch a ref and you get a fine.

Let's do a bake sale and pay the fine for #1.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/jason-la-canfora/21449703/cam-newton-likely-to-fined-by-nfl-bumping-official-

/no surprise

Isn't that what u folks wanted.. I get the impression wouldn't leave Cam alone until. U get him thrown out the NFL

I could have sworn the Refs themselves say the bump was not intentional but it's fugging Cam.