• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#61 The_Mango55

The_Mango55

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:53 AM

Seems pretty clear he was trying to just get in the refs face and the ref walked into him when he was getting up.

Should he be fined for that? Well i don't think so but refs have fragile egos and run sobbing to mommy and daddy whenever a coach or player says they might have missed a call. So he probably will be.

#62 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,923 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:00 AM

Seems pretty clear he was trying to just get in the refs face and the ref walked into him when he was getting up.

You watched the video and you think the ref bumped Cam?

#63 The_Mango55

The_Mango55

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:03 AM

You watched the video and you think the ref bumped Cam?

Cam bumped the ref because the ref was in a position Cam didn't expect him to be as be was getting up.

#64 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,056 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:12 AM

Yeah, he'll probably get fined, and should. But I'm not hating on him too much. The cheap shots added up and he was just fired up. Maybe others disagree, but I like having a QB with some emotion out there. Nice not having a pansy playing QB.

Also, if this was Jake Delhomme doing things like this, it would be OK though.

#65 hitman80

hitman80

• HUDDLER
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:01 PM

Yeah, he'll probably get fined, and should. But I'm not hating on him too much. The cheap shots added up and he was just fired up. Maybe others disagree, but I like having a QB with some emotion out there. Nice not having a pansy playing QB.

Also, if this was Jake Delhomme doing things like this, it would be OK though.

This is exactly how I feel. I am no Cam hater, far from it. I think he's awesome. I defend him every day at work because my coworkers only ever refer to him as "pay to play" and "laptop stealer."

I like what happened. I want Cam to get pissed. But if he gets fined, I wouldn't be surprised.

#66 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,979 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:28 PM

since bill belichick was fined 50k for running down an official and grabbing him in a threatning manner i suspect cam newton to get fined 500k his go play60 commercial to be pulled and under armor to drop him.

What Belichick did isn't comparable.

Refs get verbally abused all the time. Cam didn't run a ref down and grabbed him. The ref didn't make an issue of the contact bc he put himself in position to draw an ever so slight brush by Newton.

They technically will have to fine him though. Not a big deal. People only jumped on it as a story bc it was Newton

#67 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,317 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:26 PM

Let me interject this thread to mention that Adam Schein is a total toolbag. I spent an hour trying to get through the stupid Sirius Xm lines because I heard that asshole compare Cam to Ryan Leaf, and when I finally got through they let me ask why the comparison then hung up on me without being able to respond so Schein could rip him yet again. F*ck those dickholes.

#68 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 16,134 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:31 PM

There's not a QB in league history who wouldn't have gotten up yelling at the ref after uncalled cheap shots all game. Not Tom Brady, not Jake Delhomme. And unless you're an aspie with an inability to read emotion and behavior, you know that the contact wasn't intentional. This should be a non-story.

#69 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,721 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:22 PM

There's not a QB in league history who wouldn't have gotten up yelling at the ref after uncalled cheap shots all game. Not Tom Brady, not Jake Delhomme. And unless you're an aspie with an inability to read emotion and behavior, you know that the contact wasn't intentional. This should be a non-story.

Yep, he just got up pissed and to yell at the ref and was inadvertently closer to him than he thought he was, as the ref was walking towards him...

#70 bigdog10

bigdog10

• HUDDLER
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:23 PM

Agreed. This is a non-story for 31 other nfl teams. Hell, if The Golden Calf of Bristol did it, they would be talking about how passionate he was for the game. If Brady, Brees, Rodgers or Manning did it; they would be praising thier leadership and thier fire.

The only QB's not getting away with this move are Cam and maybe Cutler.

#71 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,923 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:35 PM

So was there no fine?

#72 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 14,115 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:06 PM

So was there no fine?

Not that I've heard, if it hasn't happened yet it isn't going to.

This whole thing was overblown, Cam will learn from it and we can all move on.

#73 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• HUDDLER
  • 6,996 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:19 PM

Not sure of this was posted, it's from the on-air rules analyst for FOX Mike Pereira:

@MikePereira: Cam Newton apologized? Ref Jerome Boger should apologize too for not ejecting him. Big fine coming for Cam. Suspension?

Amazing how many media people have it out for our QB.

#74 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• HUDDLER
  • 5,588 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:22 PM

i think because of the holiday, the nfl is late making decisions on fines and suspensions.

ed reed is still waiting to hear from the league for smashing victor cruz.

#75 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 14,115 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:44 PM

Oh the humanity, all the bleeding vaginas hoping for him to be fined will have to wait a few more days.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com