Photo
- - - - -

Why you think Ron Rivera should stay (or go)? --POLL--

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
49 replies to this topic

Poll: Why you think coach should go..? (145 member(s) have cast votes)

What reason do you have to keep him?

1. He has earned it during the past few games (9 votes [6.21%])

Percentage of vote: 6.21%

2. because it might be 2 steps back if we put Cam and Co. in new system (43 votes [29.66%])

Percentage of vote: 29.66%

3. because there is no one better out there (3 votes [2.07%])

Percentage of vote: 2.07%

4. because our defense is top 10 with scrubs and half the team on IR (21 votes [14.48%])

Percentage of vote: 14.48%

5. other (explain) (9 votes [6.21%])

Percentage of vote: 6.21%

6. Voted I do not thonk Rivera should return (60 votes [41.38%])

Percentage of vote: 41.38%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#25 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

SENIOR HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:48 AM

Ron Rivera should return because I haven't seen a reason to fire him.

It takes a few years to turn things around (in some cases) and this team is trending upward.

the players play for him and that is real important at this time in the season.

#26 unicar15

unicar15

HUDDLER

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:08 AM

You people who think getting rid of Rivera will take Cam a step back need to realize that it doesn't matter what the hell Cam does if our coach is a moron who costs us WINS. This game is about WINNING...not stats that your QB puts up. Ben Roethlisberger has put up pretty mediocre stats his entire career...but he wins games and b/c of that is considered one of the 5 best in the league. Get over this fear of trying to make a 23 year old QB learn a new system. The NFL changes so much that he is going to have to learn new things every offseason in order to adapt and win.

It's ridiculous to me that we have had virtually an identical season to last year (losses up front to take us out of the playoffs then wins at the end to make Rivera look prettier) and you people want to go for a round 3. Wow...This city doesn't deserve an elite franchise if this is seriously all that you people demand.

#27 SuperMan

SuperMan

I'm always holding back.

HUDDLER

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:26 AM

The emotional side of me says he has to go, the reasonable side says he stays, we we within one score of seven teams and had a lot of blown leads we are a young team in most positions we will learn our defense is improving greatly when we get some talent back on that side of the ball and if we can pick up some younger DTS we will be a force possible cheap free agents include Sedric Ellis, Dorsey, Allan Branch ect.

I would love to get Geoff Swartz back to play RG (he grades out awesome there).

#28 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:28 AM

why no option for giving the GM a clean slate?

#29 rayzor

rayzor

Moderators

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:31 AM

- Two losing seasons in a row
- Little to no improvement record-wise in those two years
- Inability to adjust in game or before
- Emotionally distant
- Misuses talent
- Puts good talent in the doghouse over single mistakes and instead puts mediocre talent in
- Refusal to can inept schemes when it's clear they don't work
- Think's it's cool to be emotionally distant all season and then wants to start chewing out his players after he finally manages to win. Really? You had NO RIGHT to act like that all season and then act like hot poo after one victory when your career is a failure

agreed with all this except the pooty emotional stuff.what is this, the doctor phil show? emotionally distant. lolother than that, good post.

#30 4Corners

4Corners

2014 Huddle Poster of the Year.

HUDDLER

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:32 AM

Rivera is going to have to bring in a guy with HC experience. I think if he would have done that to begin with, our record could reflect it with a few more wins.

He's also going to have to make a tough decision on Chud. IMHO, it might be best to fire Chud and bring in Norv Turner as OC at the end of the season.

I honestly think RR will be back next season no matter what happens this weekend in NO.

#31 Bj-Monster23

Bj-Monster23

Slam Newton

SUPPORTER

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:35 AM

why no option for giving the GM a clean slate?

You have to give the GM the option to fire Rivera or let him go. You can't handcuff before he even gets here and be like well you are the new GM but you have to keep Ron Rivera as HC. If I'm GM i'm turning that job down because I want my own people not somebody else. It just doesn't make sense. If JR wants a good GM he will have to let the GM make that choice.

#32 rayzor

rayzor

Moderators

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:37 PM

You have to give the GM the option to fire Rivera or let him go. You can't handcuff before he even gets here and be like well you are the new GM but you have to keep Ron Rivera as HC. If I'm GM i'm turning that job down because I want my own people not somebody else. It just doesn't make sense. If JR wants a good GM he will have to let the GM make that choice.

i think if the new GM (providing it's not beane or some other scrub) is convinced that rivera is the right guy for the job and believes in what he's doing, then it's worth backing. i just don't like the new GM being handcuffed by with a guy who has rivera's win record thus far.

#33 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

HUDDLER

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:46 PM

He's been worse than any other Panthers HC in his first 2 years. Hell Fox was here for 9 years and never had back to back losing seasons. Rivera will have that in only two. Why the hell would you want to give this guy another year? I mean WHY???? Just for the sake of giving him 3 years? So we can in all likelihood waste another entire year, another season of missing the playoffs, and has been pointed out setting the new GM back a year in terms of personnel as well.

We should have canned Hurney along with Fox. We've already wasted two years by hanging onto Hurney too long and now half the people want to keep the HC that was actually terrible enough to push JR to dump Hurney? So we can waste even more time and suffer through more of this same old crap?

I'd like to see a new GM (not Brandon fuggin Beane), whole new FO, entirely new coaching staff, and with that comes probably a large amount of roster turnover as well. Get some people here that have been proven winners and actually know WTF they are doing. And FFS hold people accountable for once. That's the best and fastest way to change the culture of losing this organization has.

Keeping Rivera tells everyone, yeah 6-7 wins is good enough.Nothing to see here, business as usual. Everyone just keep doing what you're doing, everything is fine.

#34 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

HUDDLER

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:48 PM

I'm worried about Cam in a new system.

#35 rayzor

rayzor

Moderators

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:49 PM

He's been worse than any other Panthers HC in his first 2 years. Hell Fox was here for 9 years and never had back to back losing seasons. Rivera will have that in only two. Why the hell would you want to give this guy another year? I mean WHY???? Just for the sake of giving him 3 years? So we can in all likelihood waste another entire year, another season of missing the playoffs, and has been pointed out setting the new GM back a year in terms of personnel as well.

We should have canned Hurney along with Fox. We've already wasted two years by hanging onto Hurney too long and now half the people want to keep the HC that was actually terrible enough to push JR to dump Hurney? So we can waste even more time and suffer through more of this same old crap?

I'd like to see a new GM (not Brandon fuggin Beane), whole new FO, entirely new coaching staff, and with that comes probably a large amount of roster turnover as well. Get some people here that have been proven winners and actually know WTF they are doing. And FFS hold people accountable for once. That's the best and fastest way to change the culture of losing this organization has.

Keeping Rivera tells everyone, yeah 6-7 wins is good enough.Nothing to see here, business as usual. Everyone just keep doing what you're doing, everything is fine.

we're in danger of settling for just the hope of mediocrity right now.

#36 rayzor

rayzor

Moderators

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:51 PM

I'm worried about Cam in a new system.

i'm not.i'm more worried about him being stuck with a coaching staff that holds the team back and can't get into the playoffs.