Photo
- - - - -

Why you think Ron Rivera should stay (or go)? --POLL--

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

Poll: Why you think coach should go..? (145 member(s) have cast votes)

What reason do you have to keep him?

1. He has earned it during the past few games (9 votes [6.21%])

Percentage of vote: 6.21%

2. because it might be 2 steps back if we put Cam and Co. in new system (43 votes [29.66%])

Percentage of vote: 29.66%

3. because there is no one better out there (3 votes [2.07%])

Percentage of vote: 2.07%

4. because our defense is top 10 with scrubs and half the team on IR (21 votes [14.48%])

Percentage of vote: 14.48%

5. other (explain) (9 votes [6.21%])

Percentage of vote: 6.21%

6. Voted I do not thonk Rivera should return (60 votes [41.38%])

Percentage of vote: 41.38%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 Bj-Monster23

Bj-Monster23

Slam Newton

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:35 AM

why no option for giving the GM a clean slate?

You have to give the GM the option to fire Rivera or let him go. You can't handcuff before he even gets here and be like well you are the new GM but you have to keep Ron Rivera as HC. If I'm GM i'm turning that job down because I want my own people not somebody else. It just doesn't make sense. If JR wants a good GM he will have to let the GM make that choice.

#32 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,781 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:37 PM

You have to give the GM the option to fire Rivera or let him go. You can't handcuff before he even gets here and be like well you are the new GM but you have to keep Ron Rivera as HC. If I'm GM i'm turning that job down because I want my own people not somebody else. It just doesn't make sense. If JR wants a good GM he will have to let the GM make that choice.

i think if the new GM (providing it's not beane or some other scrub) is convinced that rivera is the right guy for the job and believes in what he's doing, then it's worth backing. i just don't like the new GM being handcuffed by with a guy who has rivera's win record thus far.

#33 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

• HUDDLER
  • 8,896 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:46 PM

He's been worse than any other Panthers HC in his first 2 years. Hell Fox was here for 9 years and never had back to back losing seasons. Rivera will have that in only two. Why the hell would you want to give this guy another year? I mean WHY???? Just for the sake of giving him 3 years? So we can in all likelihood waste another entire year, another season of missing the playoffs, and has been pointed out setting the new GM back a year in terms of personnel as well.

We should have canned Hurney along with Fox. We've already wasted two years by hanging onto Hurney too long and now half the people want to keep the HC that was actually terrible enough to push JR to dump Hurney? So we can waste even more time and suffer through more of this same old crap?

I'd like to see a new GM (not Brandon fuggin Beane), whole new FO, entirely new coaching staff, and with that comes probably a large amount of roster turnover as well. Get some people here that have been proven winners and actually know WTF they are doing. And FFS hold people accountable for once. That's the best and fastest way to change the culture of losing this organization has.

Keeping Rivera tells everyone, yeah 6-7 wins is good enough.Nothing to see here, business as usual. Everyone just keep doing what you're doing, everything is fine.

#34 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,375 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:48 PM

I'm worried about Cam in a new system.

#35 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,781 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:49 PM

He's been worse than any other Panthers HC in his first 2 years. Hell Fox was here for 9 years and never had back to back losing seasons. Rivera will have that in only two. Why the hell would you want to give this guy another year? I mean WHY???? Just for the sake of giving him 3 years? So we can in all likelihood waste another entire year, another season of missing the playoffs, and has been pointed out setting the new GM back a year in terms of personnel as well.

We should have canned Hurney along with Fox. We've already wasted two years by hanging onto Hurney too long and now half the people want to keep the HC that was actually terrible enough to push JR to dump Hurney? So we can waste even more time and suffer through more of this same old crap?

I'd like to see a new GM (not Brandon fuggin Beane), whole new FO, entirely new coaching staff, and with that comes probably a large amount of roster turnover as well. Get some people here that have been proven winners and actually know WTF they are doing. And FFS hold people accountable for once. That's the best and fastest way to change the culture of losing this organization has.

Keeping Rivera tells everyone, yeah 6-7 wins is good enough.Nothing to see here, business as usual. Everyone just keep doing what you're doing, everything is fine.

we're in danger of settling for just the hope of mediocrity right now.

#36 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,781 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:51 PM

I'm worried about Cam in a new system.

i'm not.i'm more worried about him being stuck with a coaching staff that holds the team back and can't get into the playoffs.

#37 pinkfloyd

pinkfloyd

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:04 PM

i'm not.i'm more worried about him being stuck with a coaching staff that holds the team back and can't get into the playoffs.

agree totally.

#38 The Huddler

The Huddler

St. Thomas Aquinas

• HUDDLER
  • 4,223 posts
  • LocationRadford University

Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:20 PM

I dont know how i feel... all i know is we had the same thing happen last year pretty much. when the pressure is off, he does well. but when its on, idk.

#39 SZ James

SZ James

herd it on routers

• HUDDLER
  • 7,567 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:00 PM

It takes a few years to turn things around (in some cases) and this team is trending upward.

At best we finish with one more win than last year. That's called spinning your wheels.

#40 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Baptized In The Blood Of Saints

• HUDDLER
  • 4,638 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:07 PM

While I, in no way, shape or form, believe that just because other coaches were given years to build a team and became successfull, that the same will hold true with Rivera, I do know that with out time to learn and grow into their roles the NFL would have never known of great coaches such as Vince Lombardi (1st year 1-10-1, 2nd year 7-5), Bill Walsh(1st year 2-14, 2nd year 6-10) or Tom Landry (1st year 0-11-1, 5 or fewer wins next 4 years).

With that being said what risk are we taking by letting Rivera get his on the job training here then getting another job elsewhere and becoming successful there? I know that we are all tired of losing and I'm really afraid of halting progress purely on impatience. I have voiced my displeasure with Rivera and his staff numerous times, but it is really hard to argue with what is going on on the field right now.

Maybe I'm just a dunce falling for the old Matt-Moore-no-pressure-look-good-when-it-doesnt-count coach, but im positive i know more about Rivera than I do about the next guy right now.

#41 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,507 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:09 PM

Rivera should return as DC

#42 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,450 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:15 PM

Vince Lombardi (1st year 1-10-1, 2nd year 7-5), Bill Walsh(1st year 2-14, 2nd year 6-10) or Tom Landry (1st year 0-11-1, 5 or fewer wins next 4 years).

All of those records are a marked improvement from their first year to their second year.

#43 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Baptized In The Blood Of Saints

• HUDDLER
  • 4,638 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:20 PM

All of those records are a marked improvement from their first year to their second year.

True but they all took over dismal teams, except for Landry who was the very first coach of that franchise, and it took them two years to achieve what Rivera did his very first year after taking on a dismal 2-14 team. I'm not saying he is the next Lombardi, but lets at least see what we have here.

#44 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,781 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:43 PM

At best we finish with one more win than last year. That's called spinning your wheels.

by year 4 a winning season?
yay

#45 Cyberjag

Cyberjag

• HUDDLER
  • 3,613 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:25 AM

While I, in no way, shape or form, believe that just because other coaches were given years to build a team and became successfull, that the same will hold true with Rivera, I do know that with out time to learn and grow into their roles the NFL would have never known of great coaches such as Vince Lombardi (1st year 1-10-1, 2nd year 7-5), Bill Walsh(1st year 2-14, 2nd year 6-10) or Tom Landry (1st year 0-11-1, 5 or fewer wins next 4 years).

With that being said what risk are we taking by letting Rivera get his on the job training here then getting another job elsewhere and becoming successful there? I know that we are all tired of losing and I'm really afraid of halting progress purely on impatience. I have voiced my displeasure with Rivera and his staff numerous times, but it is really hard to argue with what is going on on the field right now.

Maybe I'm just a dunce falling for the old Matt-Moore-no-pressure-look-good-when-it-doesnt-count coach, but im positive i know more about Rivera than I do about the next guy right now.

Lombardi, Walsh, and Landry never had Free Agency to help them quickly build a talent base. FWIW...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.