Photo
- - - - -

Lombardi think Rivera will be gone Monday.

• Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

#136 doghead28

doghead28

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:52 PM

I think it is 50-50. Riveria really made a mistake but not having someone on his staff with previous experience as a head coach. I think his time management has cost us games. Why he didn't put Cam under center sooner than the Chicago game is beyond me. I like the direction the D is headed but I won't be shocked if he is gone after Sunday.

#137 Bj-Monster23

Bj-Monster23

Slam Newton

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:55 PM

Exactly. The fact that Lombardi said it, the fact that we are mentioned on a regular basis of being intrested in Kelly and the fact not a single soul has come forward inside the Panthers organazation to deny these statements is also telling. Jerry Jones recently said Jason Garrett WILL be back next year, if Rivera's return was as sure as some think, why hasnt JR just come out already and stay he is returning?

To me, i think JR's definition of "trending upward" was pretty much him meaning 9-7 or your gone, not win 3 meaningless games against lackluster teams and finish 6-10 or 7-9

I completely agree with you. I really do believe Rivera fate was sealed earlier in the season when we had the Tampa bay , Denver, and KC loss. I'm still having nightmares about that Denver game now. But back to the point I think his fate was sealed back then. The teams we have beat which is the Eagles, Raiders, and Chargers are teams that are in the same situation we are. We are just a tad bit better then them. Right now we have the same record as the Chargers, Jets, and Bills. If those teams are talking about making changes what makes people think we are not going to make some. I think Monday Rivera will be done and we will move on to better things. Rivera has been awful the past two years. We can only win when the pressure is off and nothing to play for anymore. Fox was fired because he couldn't put together back to back winning seasons. Rivera has back to back losing seasons.

#138 PantherTrain84

PantherTrain84

• TROLLOLOL
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:11 PM

I completely agree with you. I really do believe Rivera fate was sealed earlier in the season when we had the Tampa bay , Denver, and KC loss. I'm still having nightmares about that Denver game now. But back to the point I think his fate was sealed back then. The teams we have beat which is the Eagles, Raiders, and Chargers are teams that are in the same situation we are. We are just a tad bit better then them. Right now we have the same record as the Chargers, Jets, and Bills. If those teams are talking about making changes what makes people think we are not going to make some. I think Monday Rivera will be done and we will move on to better things. Rivera has been awful the past two years. We can only win when the pressure is off and nothing to play for anymore. Fox was fired because he couldn't put together back to back winning seasons. Rivera has back to back losing seasons.

Exactly, and to elaborate on what you said, all those teams you mentioned in the same situation as us dont even have a franchise QB like we do. Atleast a team like the Jets and Bills you can somewhat underatand why they are bad because of their QB situation. The fact we have two DEs with double digit sacks, a rookie MLB that looks like the 2nd coming of Urlacher, a consistent 1000 yds WR in Steve Smith and a stud franchise QB in Cam and we STILL arent contenders speaks volumes.

Im not saying in any way we should bring Rex Ryan here but if Rex Ryan and the jets had those same players we have that I just mentioned, they would be playing for homefield advantage right now in the playoffs.

The Bucs OT loss is what got me, a 8 point lead with 58 seconds left and we lose in OT.. AT HOME! How does that even happen?

#139 Bj-Monster23

Bj-Monster23

Slam Newton

• HUDDLER
  • 2,260 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:51 PM

Exactly, and to elaborate on what you said, all those teams you mentioned in the same situation as us dont even have a franchise QB like we do. Atleast a team like the Jets and Bills you can somewhat underatand why they are bad because of their QB situation. The fact we have two DEs with double digit sacks, a rookie MLB that looks like the 2nd coming of Urlacher, a consistent 1000 yds WR in Steve Smith and a stud franchise QB in Cam and we STILL arent contenders speaks volumes.

Im not saying in any way we should bring Rex Ryan here but if Rex Ryan and the jets had those same players we have that I just mentioned, they would be playing for homefield advantage right now in the playoffs.

The Bucs OT loss is what got me, a 8 point lead with 58 seconds left and we lose in OT.. AT HOME! How does that even happen?

Bad coaching is how that OT loss happen. People sometimes forget that coaches are suppose to put players in position to succeed. You are right if Rex had Cam, CJ, Hardy, Steve, and Kuechly they would be in the playoffs right now. It makes you wonder what is our excuse for not being in contention.

#140 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,595 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:08 AM

Bad coaching is how that OT loss happen. People sometimes forget that coaches are suppose to put players in position to succeed. You are right if Rex had Cam, CJ, Hardy, Steve, and Kuechly they would be in the playoffs right now. It makes you wonder what is our excuse for not being in contention.

The coach. It's that simple.

#141 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • 4,761 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:54 AM

it's a whole lot of stupid going on around here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com