Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If Rivera is fired, who is the new coach?

47 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

At this point. I want Rivera to have one more year. People are spoiled, mainly our fan base. Because John Fox had early success, we expect the next guy to do the same. The bar was set too damn high and patience has been thrown out the window.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='csx' timestamp='1356617198' post='2063478']
I woud prefer Rivera over any of those guys.
[/quote]yeah Rivera's resume is better then all those options, if we are going to fire Rivera I want a clear upgrade and not another coordinator at this point we would be better off keeping Rivera one more year then highering any of them

Posted · Report post

Chip Kelly

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Cyberjag' timestamp='1356631969' post='2063754']

Jon Gruden had seven years of pro coaching experience before he got the Raiders job, including three as an Offensive Coordinator. Kelly has no NFL experience at all.

I hear what you're saying though, but I've heard it before. They said it about Spurrier too. Here's a few other names--Mike Riley, Lou Holtz, Nick Saban, Butch Davis, Bobby Petrino,

Kelly will get hyped, and get a job, and look really really bad. He can't even win the NCAA championship, how is he supposed to win in the NFL?
[/quote]

Blame cam for him not winning the BCS.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Zod' timestamp='1356618111' post='2063492']
My prediction: some Huddlers will love him, some will hate him, no one will have a clue about him until at least week 8
[/quote]Did McClain make the pro bowl?

Posted · Report post

Wait, you would rather have McCoy over Fewell? The same guy who made his QBs throw balls through tires. Also, it doesn't hurt to have a future HOF QB as your QB. Manning makes any coordinator look good.

My choice would be Mike Sullivan

Posted · Report post

It'll be John Edward channeling Bear Bryant. He will lead the Panthers to 18-0 only to bench Cam just before the SB & when he's asked why he will say "War damn eagle" while eating a burger made from Tiger the eagle. As the Panthers lose 34-0, he will run out to midfield, drop trou, & wiggle his dick vaguely in Cam's direction yelling "Go Bama! Roll Tide!!!"

Posted · Report post

Why the Mike McCoy hate? Clearly a talented coach. If you gotta go coordinator, I'd be fine with him.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='methodtoll' timestamp='1356658424' post='2064133']
Wait, you would rather have McCoy over Fewell? The same guy who made his QBs throw balls through tires. Also, it doesn't hurt to have a future HOF QB as your QB. Manning makes any coordinator look good.

My choice would be Mike Sullivan
[/quote]

He was here with delhomme and with tebow. He isn't just getting a look because of this season.

Posted · Report post

There is nobody else I would rather have than Chip. If you build it, he will come.

Posted · Report post

On the DC/OC issue, I read something on PFT the other day that sums up my feeling on this issue. They basically said that defensive-minded coaches are, at their core, problem solvers while offensive coaches are problem creators. I agree with that and feel like a defensive coach is the best way to go.