Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The defense could be on the edge of something big.

34 posts in this topic

Posted

A couple of times last Sunday I found myself not just happy for a big stop but thinking about some of the defenses we have had in the past. Defenses that shut other team's down, forced turnovers and dictated the pace. We were not afraid of a turnover because our defense would hold them to no more than a field goal.

I know it is still early and we have a huge test this Sunday, but I got some glimpses last week of the kind of defense I would really like us to become. Newton and the offense wouldn't have to be great if the defense was really good.

1 person likes this

Posted

I've seen improvement but they need to play the Saints first for me to be convinced one way or another. The D was ripped up by Brady Quinn a few weeks ago.

Posted

Anything is possible w two good DEs and Luke as the mike. Sprinkle in TD and a surprising DJ Campbell???? Could be solid in the future

Posted

Luckily Drew Brees is no Brady Quinn

1 person likes this

Posted

The thing that have me the biggest chubby wasnt our stellar DE's, but Luke hitting McFadden at the LOS, standing him up, then knocking his ass back a few yards. McFadden runs through shitty tackles often, but Luke must have wrapped him up 6-7 times and didnt ever even let him fall forward a couple of feet. It was always hit, wrap up, stop, move backwards.

1 person likes this

Posted

I hope we add some secondary talent next year....I think that is all that is missing. Need that to start being a real playmaking D.

Posted

This will be a very good test for our offense and our current coaching staff.

Posted

This will be a very good test for our offense and our current coaching staff.

the defense yes, but not so much a test for the offense...the saints defense is the worst in the league. 31st in passing, 29th in rushing, 32nd overall.

Posted

D has been playing lights out and we got some big guys out. Lot of stepping up and Luke needs a Phone Booth too.

We been next yearing for quite a few years and it looks like perhaps it could be.

This gonna be a real test for us as a team. That Big O has got to play ball control grind it out and stay on field to keep D frest.

When we do that we make it a long day for the Ain'ts !!!

Go Panthers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted

Luke-Kuechly-Lombardi.jpg

Posted

I happened to be watching our week 2 game against NO last night. There is a world of difference in how our D is playing now vs. week 2.

All we did in that first game was go for the big hit. No one was wrapping up like they are now. The worst offenders were Beason, Nakamura and Captain. I see genuine NFL tackling when the D is on the field now.

Posted

I finally came to the conclusion that Luke is better than a healthy Dan Morgan. Sorry guys but I was a Morgan homer.