Photo
- - - - -

For Everyone Who Wants to Draft LT in Round 1, a Question.

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Ship

Ship

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:38 AM

What about Bruce Campbell? I thought that he has basically spent this season being coached up for his eventual chance to be 'the guy' when Gross is ready to be phased out. Aside from the Raiders game they've refused to play him in other positions, the thinking being, I thought, that he was solely a LT. Plus I remember reading a post a while ago describing his style of play which made him a perfect fit for LT, on top of his physical attributes.

It seems like the perfect scenario, to already have a stud waiting in the wings, who we traded an unused RB for.

How do you account for our teams draft needs when we've got this guy possibly or supposedly in waiting?

#2 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,182 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:06 AM

The fact that he was given away practically might speak to his "stud potential"

#3 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,511 posts
  • LocationS.L.R.C.

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:21 AM

I thought he was Right Tackle?

#4 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,199 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:18 PM

What about Bruce Campbell? I thought that he has basically spent this season being coached up for his eventual chance to be 'the guy' when Gross is ready to be phased out. Aside from the Raiders game they've refused to play him in other positions, the thinking being, I thought, that he was solely a LT. Plus I remember reading a post a while ago describing his style of play which made him a perfect fit for LT, on top of his physical attributes.

It seems like the perfect scenario, to already have a stud waiting in the wings, who we traded an unused RB for.

How do you account for our teams draft needs when we've got this guy possibly or supposedly in waiting?

I was with you on this topic of not taking a LT in the 1st before I started to read this.
I know what you mean but by thinking that Campbell is going to take over Gross's spot anytime soon, makes it seem more like we really need to take an OT in the 1st. You guys gonna be disappointed once Campbell gets some playing time.

#5 ZackAttack23

ZackAttack23

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:39 PM

Bruce Campbell would have chance to compete for starting right tackle and right guard spot in August. However I believe he will be nothing more than a good backup.

#6 Doyle

Doyle

Headed to the county line

• HUDDLER
  • 5,917 posts
  • LocationRiverboat Rivera

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:43 PM

We got hosed in that trade because they knew we had to dump Goodson for something.

#7 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,182 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:23 PM

Once again, other teams might have put the guy in the game over the last few games to actually see what he has, but again, they are not the Panthers. We will just have to hope

#8 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

• HUDDLER
  • 8,816 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:02 PM

rewind to 2011...

For everyone that wants to draft a QB #1 overall, a question...

have you forgotten that we have this potential stud franchise QB waiting in the wings named Tony Pike? Ehh? Ehh? Have you? Think about it.

#9 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 11,939 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:28 PM

what are you people talking about right tackle? Rivera has said many times that Campbell is STRICTLY a left tackle

#10 SCMunnerlyn1

SCMunnerlyn1

The Fuhckening has begun

• HUDDLER
  • 5,278 posts
  • LocationValdosta Georgia

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:35 AM

he played left guard all last game and played well.. where were you guys?

#11 pantherj

pantherj

• HUDDLER
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:35 PM

Campbell played OG for Oakland, and now OG for us. The problem with Campbell is that he has a learning disability that limits his ability to read, and learn new material. At this point I don't think we should pin our hopes on Campbell becoming a starter at any O-line position next season. He's bigger, faster, and stronger than Hangarter, but Piggy knows his sh!t. We need to upgrade our O-line to protect Cam and improve our rushing attack. What we have now simply isn't good enough to expect to have a winning season.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.