• This topic is locked This topic is locked
181 replies to this topic

#91 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,778 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:19 PM

So I've worked a lot of bar/restaurant jobs in Atlanta through an entertainment company I used to work for, and I've met a poo ton of people in the bar/club industry. I've heard a lot of stories.

I know people that saw Ray Lewis kill that guy. I know Eugene Robinson was trying to pick up a tranny the night he grabbed a UC. I know the zifty guy that delivers Matt Ryan all his meals from the restaurant on the bottom floor of his luxury condo complex. I'm basically the guy from this Steely Dan song.

Cam Newton does not drink, at least not in public. He never stays anywhere past one. He's been dating the same girl for years. He's goofy as hell and is really only comfortable on a football field. He's smart, well spoken, and tips well.

Great post/info Fiz.

Good to hear about Cam and that's kind of what I expected of him, but the media doesn't want him to be that so they paint him in a totally different light.

Sad to hear about Ray Lewis if that source is credible. I always held out hope that he didn't do that himself and just covered it up for his associates, but they were never able to find his suit from that night, so... Crazy that he's so revered, by both fans and players, when you look at it in that scope.

#92 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,194 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:22 PM

Lol thats BS. South Carolina has a long history of opposing players kicking our ass and we don't hate on them. Thats just football. We're not tree killing Bama fans.

It was your only SEC championship appearance in school history, so yeah it hurt more than most of your other losses.

#93 SgtJ00

SgtJ00

Reppin that Bull City

• HUDDLER
  • 3,344 posts
  • LocationDurham, NC

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:32 PM

It's just the mainstream sports media trying to spin a narrative for viewers and web clicks. They're going to push whatever agenda they think will get them more ratings, rather than the truth. It's media bias, they're not out to get Cam. They just want to frame him as a bad guy if it helps them, just like they push The Golden Calf of Bristol and jets stories.

#94 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,583 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:41 PM

Great post/info Fiz.

Good to hear about Cam and that's kind of what I expected of him, but the media doesn't want him to be that so they paint him in a totally different light.

Sad to hear about Ray Lewis if that source is credible. I always held out hope that he didn't do that himself and just covered it up for his associates, but they were never able to find his suit from that night, so... Crazy that he's so revered, by both fans and players, when you look at it in that scope.

Maybe the guy deserved to be pushing up daisies.He could have pulled a knife or gun. As for Eugene that is just too funny.

#95 LA_Panther

LA_Panther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:54 PM

Why do people watch Cops or Jerry Springer? Or the bad auditions on American Idol, for that matter?

Well, I think Cops/Springer has that train-wreck/drama factor. People love that poo. But The Golden Calf of Bristol is a great humble guy. I think it is just hero-worship. People for some reason want their heroes to be human beings that are not in their life i.e. athletes, actors, singers, politicians etc...And the media is trying so hard to sell this hero to the public. Poor guy

#96 Silent Majority

Silent Majority

Fuggin' Panther Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 2,444 posts
  • LocationPrinceton, freaking, New Jersey.

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:55 PM

WFNZ is the only station I have seen where EVERY show host, sans one (Brett Jensen and he is from fricken Gastonia) is from someplace else and a fan of another franchise.

Amazing how there are people in this thread, who are trying to downplay the level of bullshit Cam/Panther fans have endured this season alone. From the media outlets, external AND internal, from players and fans of other teams and even so-called fans on THIS VERY BOARD.

Shitty fanbase,, shitty radio and print media. Please stop with the, "well they do _ in NY and other large markets". I live in Princeton. Smack dab in-between PHI and the city (NY). We get local news from both markets, hell I get three 1'o'clock games a week some weeks. They go to war for their own, until there is no choice left, then they will call them out.

#97 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 10,880 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:03 PM

but seriously guys ray lewis murdered the poo out of that guy lol

#98 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,583 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:05 PM

WFNZ is the only station I have seen where EVERY show host, sans one (Brett Jensen and he is from fricken Gastonia) is from someplace else and a fan of another franchise.

Amazing how there are people in this thread, who are trying to downplay the level of bullshit Cam/Panther fans have endured this season alone. From the media outlets, external AND internal, from players and fans of other teams and even so-called fans on THIS VERY BOARD.

Shitty fanbase,, shitty radio and print media. Please stop with the, "well they do _ in NY and other large markets". I live in Princeton. Smack dab in-between PHI and the city (NY). We get local news from both markets, hell I get three 1'o'clock games a week some weeks. They go to war for their own, until there is no choice left, then they will call them out.

Wow I am so glad I live here in Charlotte

#99 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 37,480 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:09 PM

Well, I think Cops/Springer has that train-wreck/drama factor. People love that poo. But The Golden Calf of Bristol is a great humble guy. I think it is just hero-worship. People for some reason want their heroes to be human beings that are not in their life i.e. athletes, actors, singers, politicians etc...And the media is trying so hard to sell this hero to the public. Poor guy

The Golden Calf of Bristol likely is a great guy, although he's a lousy quarterback.

But he's part of the Jets, a big market franchise whose organization gives train wrecks a bad name.

All about the drama.

#100 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • 6,950 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:09 PM

but seriously guys ray lewis murdered the poo out of that guy lol

Can you got into more detail? Like what exactly your friends said about it? It's always been my feeling that of course he did do it but would like to hear your story.

#101 Gabeking

Gabeking

• HUDDLER
  • 3,310 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:50 PM

I got into a argument with someone in the local print media recently because I felt they were going out of their way to talk poo about our QB.

It isn't just the hello kitty thing. The local media like to get on twitter and call him names like Mr. Mopeyhead. Or bask in the glory of other young QBs in the NFL while taking veiled (and sometimes not so veiled) shots at Cam.

The local media should be the one sticking up for their city's franchise QB, but instead they seem to want to double down, and bow down to national media BS, I guess in the hopes of getting a job after their paper inevitably goes under or in case the mothership wants additional radio talent.

They have been better lately, but the local media needs to do more to bat down some of these stories instead of just going along with everything the national media or the uninformed say.

Did you get in an argument with like a journalist/beat writer from the observer or something like that? If so can you say who it was?

#102 Silent Majority

Silent Majority

Fuggin' Panther Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 2,444 posts
  • LocationPrinceton, freaking, New Jersey.

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:08 PM

Wow I am so glad I live here in Charlotte

Uhh...yeah, whatever the hell your point was.

#103 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,204 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:33 PM

Nut hugger this nut hugger that, what an intelligent response. Yep, definitely a Cam thread.

#104 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,264 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:08 PM

Can you got into more detail? Like what exactly your friends said about it? It's always been my feeling that of course he did do it but would like to hear your story.

Ray Lewis is the perfect example of how the media creates whatever they want in players....

Best case scenario Lewis lied under oath about a murder.....yet he is pitched as THE ideal guy you would want on your team (that is collective package and not just on the field).

#105 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• HUDDLER
  • 2,132 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:31 PM

yeah its few guys who killed people while driving drunk thats still in the league........media just hates cam. its true.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.