Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Media, Fans and Newton

86 posts in this topic

Posted

For the record Scot, I hope you are right. But I have little faith in humanity as a whole, sports fans less, and media least.

I'm in Cali and have several friends and coworkers that hate Cam Newton, not a damn one of them having a legitimate reason save one coworker who's daughter goes to school at Alabama.

I don't have a lot of faith in humanity either, and certainly not in sports media (or media in general).

What I do know is this. Win, and the bandwagon starts filling up.

Posted

leeeaave_187139060.jpg

LEAVE CAM ALONE!

Posted

So your point is that they care enough about cam to make everything about him a big story, but they somehow still don't care about him at all.

Assuming this is true its supposed to make us feel... What?

Point is that neither he nor the Panthers are important enough on the national level that they care about making dead certain they get the full story right.

It just has to sound good.

Feel about that however you wish.

Posted

Point is that neither he nor the Panthers are important enough on the national level that they care about making dead certain they get the full story right.

It just has to sound good.

Feel about that however you wish.

Well I agree that they don't care enough to get the story right, but I don't agree that it stems from some sort of chronic indifference. If they really didn't care they would write a story about something else.

They write what they write because it is a business and they know what sells.

Posted

Glad other fans are coming around to the way i have been feeling since last year. I go through it all the time at work, on twitter, etc. Now i just give a big middlefinger to anybody that has something negative to say about Cam. Im gonna REALLY enjoy all this when he brings a championship to Carolina.

Posted

Well I agree that they don't care enough to get the story right, but I don't agree that it stems from some sort of chronic indifference. If they really didn't care they would write a story about something else.

They write what they write because it is a business and they know what sells.

Valid. And I'd add that there's no bigger bandwagon than sports media.

Win and you can do no wrong. Lose and you can do no right.

And technically, they have to right about something.

Posted

The media does not like Cam because he was the big story last season and he shunned them, giving very few interviews. Its a personal grudge with most of them.

Posted

That's an awful lot of text for such a flawed view. Oddly enough look who were the first to pie him.

Essentially it is just another Mr. Scot thread telling those with differing opinions to shut up and get over it.

1 person likes this

Posted

That's an awful lot of text for such a flawed view. Oddly enough look who were the first to pie him.

Essentially it is just another Mr. Scot thread telling those with differing opinions to shut up and get over it.

Oh, the irony :lol:

You're free to have differing opinions. I have mine and write them when I feel like it.

Nobody's forcing you to read. Heck from what I can see of your response I doubt you even did. And if you did, you obviously didn't get it.

Posted

Oh, the irony :lol:

You're free to have differing opinions. I have mine and write them when I feel like it.

Nobody's forcing you to read. Heck from what I can see of your response I doubt you even did. And if you did, you obviously didn't get it.

Read it all. There is nothing new to get, you have the same agenda you did pre draft 2011.

I have nothing against you, just calling it like I see it.

1 person likes this

Posted

Read it all. There is nothing new to get, you have the same agenda you did pre draft 2011.

I have nothing against you, just calling it like I see it.

I can pretty much guarantee you don't see it.

The point of the thread was that national media and fans outside the fanbase don't care enough about Newton and the Panthers to bother getting the story straight, Instead, they just repeat what others say. If we were to win more games however, the narrative would change.

I seriously doubt you got that out of what you read, which tells me you didn't really read seriously (if at all).

Posted

IN OTHER WORDS, MANY POSTERS HERE OVERRATE CAMS WORTH WHEN IT COME TO THE NFL AS A WHOLE.

Most fans don't give a shyt/