• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#31 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,204 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:06 PM

The Hardy hit was the most obvious penalty and fine of the whole game. Easy penalty and easy fine. I can't imagine how you can argue that was a clean hit. It was an AWESOME hit but also the definition of the rule below. Plus it has been called all year.

http://espn.go.com/b...ssary-roughness

Probably worth it though.

Posted Image

Except Hardy did none of that.

(f) He used his facemask, but didn't spear violently or unnecessarily. He obviously wasn't trying to hurt the guy, he was trying to tackle him. There's no way he could have had a chance at making the tackle without going directly for him and reaching out.
(1) He didn't hit the head, neck or face.
(2) He didn't lower his head. His facemask is clearly up from the photo evidence.
(3) He didn't launch. He ran through, exactly as they're supposed to tackle.

I don't see the problem. I hope he appeals.

#32 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,096 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:12 PM

(f) He used his facemask, but didn't spear violently or unnecessarily. He obviously wasn't trying to hurt the guy, he was trying to tackle him. There's no way he could have had a chance at making the tackle without going directly for him and reaching out.
(2) He didn't lower his head. His facemask is clearly up from the photo evidence.

Well he didn't violently hit Palmer....the textbook way you are taught by looking at your target.

NFL basically changing the way football is played. Flag football era is coming....big hits even if done correctly are simpy being discouraged

#33 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • 16,934 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:26 PM

0% chance he wins an appeal,

You stick your helmet in the back of a QB it's a penalty whether your head is up or down. Hardy knows this as well as anyone. You guys can do mental gymnastics all you like but its simply not a clean hit. I wish it were but these are the rules.

#34 BombzAway

BombzAway

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:51 PM

These fines are due to multiple issues. Partly due to NFLPA pushing all the injury settlements for players after their careers are done etc (and I'm not saying some of those guys don't deserve to be taken care of)., partly due to trying to protect the perception of the game because too many people calling out the violence of the game.

I think IF the players want to be able to play without worrying about so many fines they have to come out and say they accept the risks of the game as it is. They know what they are getting into. Obviously there still has to be fines to ward off ridiculous actions but the only way is for the players to openly say they accept the risks and don't complain later on after the game has eaten them up. Which they won't do. So I don't think its just the NFL's fault.. that's just society today it seems.

#35 Chaos

Chaos

@chaos_cltsports

• HUDDLER
  • 8,762 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:07 PM

Damn we some thugs.

#36 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,142 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:10 PM

I don't agree with but I understand the Cam fine. The NFL makes a point to protect the Refs.
I don't agree or understand the Hardy fine.

#37 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,065 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:27 PM

Actually, I don't mind the scrapiness as I think this is more who he is. I despise the constant smiling as nothing is that funny during a game. Just be yourself, quit the playacting. Be the leader and if that means occasionally getting ticked off, then so be it. The kicking might not get him points, but yelling at the ref (without bumping) should be expected.

You post reeks of pure hypocrisy.

You don't like his smile because you don't find anything funny about the game. But, you then tell him to be himself and accuse him of "playacting." Who are you Nolan? Like WTF..

CRAZY!!!

#38 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,065 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:30 PM

There seems to be way more behinds these fines than what Cam did.

Did the Raiders defender get fined for not only trying to break Cam's leg but admitting to it?

#39 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,096 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:34 PM

There seems to be way more behinds these fines than what Cam did.

Did the Raiders defender get fined for not only trying to break Cam's leg but admitting to it?

If any of the Raiders players were fined, I can't find anything about it.

#40 FastNFurious

FastNFurious

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:37 PM

Put skirts around their waist and pompoms in their hands....

#41 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,065 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:42 PM

http://profootballta...gainst-raiders/

Clearly that article is written to intice it's members who always seem to have a problem with Cam.

Was the Raiders defendant fined for the incident also or only Cam?

Isn't it amazing that anything negative involving Cam becomes all about him and truth is simply ignored.

And to think the morans on that site is claiming that Cam should be suspended. BAMA over exaggerated ish all over again. Folks looking for anything to take him down and just like with Auburn, they got the media assisting them.

If you folks feel underling hate towards Cam isn't intentional, I got a bridge to sell you.

#42 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,065 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:52 PM

If any of the Raiders players were fined, I can't find anything about it.

Yeah, I thought so. Our media at work controling the NFL. They are going to get the NFL to do to Cam what they couldn't get the NCAA to do to him. As a sports writer stated in print in regards to Cam leaving Auburn and joining the NFL, "He cannot hide behind Auburn anymore." he is now ours."

Cam vs. the media. Good luck to him.

#43 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,369 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:55 PM

Wow...never realized how many Nolans were on this site. Every ish Cam does need to have some scrutiny attached to it. Do you have a problem with the way he runs out of the locker room on game day also?

Kinda surprised he can run at all with your nose up his arse.

Actually, I was commending him by taking off the fake varnish and being real. Whe someone knocks the crap out of you, it is not normal to stand up and smile.

#44 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,065 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:01 PM

Kinda surprised he can run at all with your nose up his arse.

Actually, I was commending him by taking off the fake varnish and being real. Whe someone knocks the crap out of you, it is not normal to stand up and smile.

My nose up his arse? It's you who is sitting there scrutinizing every fugging poo he does. Pay attention!

You never see me once sit and analyze any ish this kid does. Because I'm WATCHING A BUNCH OF MEN PLAYING A GAME ON A FIELD. I don't have my fugging binocculars up Cam's ass like some of you. So how is my nose up his ass? Please make sense.

And some of you need to get an original thought. It seems all you folks do is sit and memorize every article you read about Cam and act like you're these damn sports writers by regurgitating every ish they say in your posts in a attempt to sound like you know what the fug you're talking about.

Your damn post sound like a Nolan rip off. Don't see why you feel Cam needs to move to the beat of your boring ass fugging drums. How the fug do you know what is going on in the kid's head to determine whether what he's doing is fake or not? Don't tell me, you're all up his ass with your binnoculars every Sunday.

You're the fake one.

#45 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,403 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:03 PM

Well he didn't violently hit Palmer....the textbook way you are taught by looking at your target.

NFL basically changing the way football is played. Flag football era is coming....big hits even if done correctly are simpy being discouraged

You can't hit the QB high, i.e. in the head or neck area. You can't hit them on or below the knees. You have to time your hit perfectly or it will be late. And yet, no stat probably does more for a defender's payday than sacks/forced fumbles.

The flag football comment should not be taken as an exaggeration. Seriously. They should just go ahead and put small flags on either side of a QB's waist, and consider him sacked/tackled once the defender has one in their possession.

The current system is ludicrous.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.