65 replies to this topic

#46 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,605 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:24 PM

I think Bruce Arians should be the favorite for all teams who will be looking for a coach next season. How is it that Chip Kelly is a favorite?

Could be the Colts are inspired and playing way over their heads as a ceratain team was by a now dead Middle Linebacker/Coach.

#47 KJ89

KJ89

bottom line

• HUDDLER
  • 2,862 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:25 PM

Just don't want Fewell...don't want ANY DC for that matter.

This.

#48 magnus

magnus

Eternal Gameface

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:30 PM

Arians is not a good choice. I'm surprised he did well as an interim head coach, but it's not like Pagano's circumstances didn't motivate them.

#49 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,090 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:40 PM

I don't know where all this "Chip Kelly Chip Kelly!" crap is coming from. What makes you think Chip Kelly will coach here, especially since he wants total control whereas here JR seems to have his hand in everything. Chip Kelly won't be coaching here. He's probably going to San Diego, to be honest.

He's either a panther an eagle or a duck. Reid probably goes to San Diego.

#50 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,109 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:23 AM

OK, "Ross gets the GM job..."

now what?

#51 jtm

jtm

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:00 AM

All coaches want total control, but few get it. I will be shocked if Kelly is one of them.

#52 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,859 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:01 AM

So Ross knows Fewell. What if Ross knows he isn't HC material? If Ross becomes GM he'll meet Rivera, who's to say that he won't like Rivera? Who's to say Accorsi won't report to him 'wow he really has that locker room, the guys in there love him' 'he's been turning it around, Cam's developing correctly and the D is 8th in the league.' What if Ross decides he has a perfect low risk 1st HC option in keeping a staff which could be very close to putting it all together under the guise of 'giving him an audition year' rather than just tossing everything out as soon as he arrives. Since he's 39 and has never been a GM before. That way he can play both sides so if Rivera and co. work out next year (playoffs at least) then Ross looks great for having faith in the team and seeing 'the full picture' and if Rivera fails (no playoffs) then Ross will have taken a year to get acclimated and be more prepared to bring in a new staff. I think Ross would still be likely to keep Rivera, especially if we win tomorrow. If he gets the choice that is-- JR could just as well decide for him.

This is decent logic here. I actually think the Panthers are going to beat the Saints, because their going be playing for their coach. They know there is a lot on the line.

#53 Catalyst

Catalyst

• HUDDLER
  • 4,107 posts
  • LocationMorehead City

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:05 AM

I never wanted Kelly and don't understand why anyone would think Ross would hire him over any other candidate.

#54 Zithers

Zithers

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:28 AM

1. perry fewell isn't good. his defenses are meh.
2. jim harbaugh was also a highly coveted college coach who wanted total power. and didn't get it. worked out pretty well for san francisco.

i don't see why a ross/chip combo isn't any less likely than any other duo.

i don't really want ross as the GM anyway. team gamble.

#55 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:49 AM

So we should hire a DC that is not as good as Rivera was?

Nah

New GM comes in, keeps Rivera, but the offensive staff house is cleaned.

The defense and new special teams coaching seems to be legit.

#56 Bj-Monster23

Bj-Monster23

Slam Newton

• HUDDLER
  • 2,011 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:21 AM

Nah

You seem very sure about this. I'm not so sure because I believe Rivera sealed his fate earlier in the season. I just can't see a new GM that comes in and keep somebody who hasn't been that good for the past two years. I mean his record is 2-8 in till the month of December. You think that's worthy of another season? If he is kept what makes you so sure that they will clean the offensive staff out? Wouldn't that be a little risky for Rivera bringing in new people with his job probably on the line for next year? I just can't see that happening, the new GM should be giving his own clean slate and not somebody else.

#57 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 37,269 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:43 AM

Nah

I wouldn't hire Fewell, but I think Ross might.

Interesting theory there. All the offensive staff? Unless you get Norv you're forcing Newton to start from scratch there.

And on ST, Bobby April is likely to be available. I'd take him and move Rodgers back to being an assistant.

#58 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 37,269 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:45 AM

yes, but Ross wasn't hired until after Accorsi left.

FWIW, I put up a quick idea of just such a thing the other day and published it today, here:

http://absolutepanth...ns-with-hc.html

I don't disagree- Cronyism isn't always a bad thing. Guys should know who they're working with, to a point. You should know you mesh. I get that.

That said, I like Ross, and don't like Fewell.

Ross is post Accorsi, but you'd rightly expect them to share a load of the same friends (starting with Jerry Reese).

My own thought is that if Accorsi does go the crony route, it's more likely Gettleman than Ross.

If we want to go young though, it's Ross.

Interesting specs on the coaching stuff, especially offensive guys that Rivera could bring in (though I'd still have the concern mentioned above). Do you know what system Pat Shurmur works in?

#59 magnus

magnus

Eternal Gameface

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:00 PM

Ross is post Accorsi, but you'd rightly expect them to share a load of the same friends (starting with Jerry Reese).

My own thought is that if Accorsi does go the crony route, it's more likely Gettleman than Ross.

If we want to go young though, it's Ross.

Interesting specs on the coaching stuff, especially offensive guys that Rivera could bring in (though I'd still have the concern mentioned above). Do you know what system Pat Shurmur works in?

Shurmur's WCO.

#60 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 37,269 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:05 PM

Shurmur's WCO.

Prefer a Coryell guy for sure. If Chudzinski is gone (of which I'm not convinced) I think you've gotta go after Turner.

Not likely Panthers related, but was wondering what you thought of this and this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.