Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Poor Armanti :(

174 posts in this topic

Posted

And the punter for the Saints caught and then could have passed AE, Baker had to dive just to hit a shoe, he would have never sped past him or got his hands on anything but a shoe.

Absurd

Posted

But even watching that replay I laugh at Washington too.

Morons who celebrate before the play is over deserve that.

AE is just a slow talenteless scrub on a perpetually bad team, he can't celebrate mid play.

You are obviously too clueless to realize that the big LOL in this thread is on you. Please continue.

1 person likes this

Posted

Also before I get appalachianed for calling him slow, it was a nice, clutch return and blew the doors off of anything Fumblin' Joe did this year. It was just kind of a slow motion clutch return is all.

Posted

In his press conference Armanti said he had a rock in his shoe.

Posted

What's worse? The homers that lose their minds or the detractors who want to downplay everything?

And no, he doesn't have straight-line speed. Never has.

Posted

It was the best return we had all season. It set up a score. He did what he needed to on that play and found a lane. Problem is, he still isn't quite worth a roster spot IMO.

Posted

Armanti Edwards Combine 40 : 4.43 (4.39 low)

Thomas Morestead combine 40: 4.84

but for the record, I think the punter dogged it at his combine (not really a deciding factor for a punter). He was moving faster than pretty much anyone else on the field when he took down Armanti. Of course he was fresher than anyone else too.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/thomas-morstead?id=71407

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=66873&draftyear=2010&genpos=WR

Posted

Armanti longest pass catch this season 82 yards.

Armanti longest punt return this season 69 yards.

Haters! :thumbsu:

1 person likes this

Posted

my god what is there to even argue about. It was a nice return. We got a game sealing TD the very next play. You don't have to love AE but give the guy some props. It was our best return of the season.

4 people like this

Posted

this is pathetic. I know zod just made this for traffic but you guys are just pathetic you hate guys on your own team even when they do good things. Why don't you like him? Besides where THE FRONT OFFICE picked him, what is it that really pisses you off about him. Disregard what MR.TD says his ex girlfriend must of went to app and left him for some hippy dude.

2 people like this

Posted

We won...

Posted

Oh look, the punter had already began his angle at the 45, while Baker STOPPED at the 40 as Washington passed him before turning and pursuing.

The point isn't that Armanti > Washington, that's not the case at all. The point is that most of the people here bashing Armanti for a 69yd punt return are idiots that should live in New Orleans, especially when they didn't dog other players for getting "RAN DOWN BY THE PUNTARD!!!"