Poor Armanti :(

• Please log in to reply
173 replies to this topic

#106 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,958 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:23 PM

Great return by AE. Pro Bowl punter had a great angle on him considering the distance of the punt.

The fact he is a pro bowl punter is irrelevant. A punter shoudnt be able to track down your PR man. That punter runs a 4.8.

Our ST is a joke. Has been for too long. Even when we have gifts we can't go the distance

#107 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,309 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:24 PM

ROFL yea....

What an "explosive" speedster eh....how many return men get caught from behind by fuging punters....

Slow and useless, won't be on the team next year.

God I hate Panther fans for poo like this.

#108 Wine&Cheese

Wine&Cheese

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:43 PM

I wish they would just cut him and get it over with so the debate among huddlers can end. AE could sneeze, trip over his own shoe laces and stumble into a defensive player and App fans would say OH WHAT A BLOCK!!!

#109 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,309 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:52 PM

I wish they would just cut him and get it over with so the debate among huddlers can end. AE could sneeze, trip over his own shoe laces and stumble into a defensive player and App fans would say OH WHAT A BLOCK!!!

A Panther player could make a big play and jackass huddlers would still find a way to rip their own guy for it.

He won't be here long,the guy who made the mistake in drafting him was fired. You don't have to worry about it anymore.

#110 ItsPantone278

ItsPantone278

ItsPantone278

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,845 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:05 PM

The fact he is a pro bowl punter is irrelevant. A punter shoudnt be able to track down your PR man. That punter runs a 4.8.

Our ST is a joke. Has been for too long. Even when we have gifts we can't go the distance

How hard is it to understand that the distance and hang time are a bigger factor than the 40 speed

#111 Keith Moons Liver

Keith Moons Liver

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:09 PM

God I hate Panther fans for poo like this.

Yeah, damn those Panther fans for expecting such a basic and fundamental level of competence from their teams players.

I'm beginning to think people like you have simply learned how to enjoy rooting for a bad team and have no desire to see things change.

#112 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 10,190 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:14 PM

Typical AE fanboy logic... Face it, the guy is slow by NFL standards.

you have no idea what you are talking about.

What makes me an Armanti fanboy? Is it the fact that I have no relationship to App State or think its ridiculous a punter ran him down (as stated in my original post)........

ah now it makes sense, in your delusion giving him credit for one of the longest punt returns in recent memory automatically makes me a blind homer- got it, never a case when I could just be a fan of the Panthers- nope that wouldn't make sense.

#113 Frosty06306

Frosty06306

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:15 PM

I along with everyone hated the Armanti pick.

He really hasn't been given a fair chance to display his abilities.

As a receiver he's made nice catches, and drawn a couple of penalties for defensive holding and a defensive PI.

Should he have been caught? Probably not, but I'll take a 69 yard punt return any time.

#114 cbarrier90

cbarrier90

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,811 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:17 PM

Such a bitter, bitter fanbase we have become...

this thread is awesome...

I mean, goodness, Dwayne Jarrett didn't get this much grief, and that guy got a DUI...

Please continue...

#115 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,297 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:46 PM

It happens a lot though. I have seen Devin Hester get tackled by kickers. When it happens, its usually because the punter or kicker has a good angle.

#116 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,309 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:59 PM

Yeah, damn those Panther fans for expecting such a basic and fundamental level of competence from their teams players.

I'm beginning to think people like you have simply learned how to enjoy rooting for a bad team and have no desire to see things change.

Go fug yourself. At least make your comment relevant.

Armanti will be gone, he should have never been drafted, but he's a goddamn Panther who made a good play.

Bashing they guy doesn't make the team better but why would a moron like yourself be expected to understand that?

#117 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:13 PM

Listen, a lot of the panther fans on here who are app fans/students aren't real Panther fans. They say they are, but when a thread like this they pops up they all show their true colors. They don't like the panthers. They like the most famous alumni from a "school" they are a fan of. These are the same "fans" who want Armanti playing QB instead of Cam Newton.

The guy caught a wide open pass, should have scored, got caught from a guy 20 yards away and the Armanti clowns think they just won the super bowl.

Then on Sunday, after pulling a Houdini for 2 months since the 70 yard catch, he takes a botched punt 60 yards only to be caught by the punter. It was a gift he couldn't capitalize on. It sums up his career perfectly.

When this scrub is finally cut this off season, all the Armanti/App fans will be pulling for the Saints, Falcons, Bucs or whatever team's practice squad he makes.

#118 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:14 PM

DP

#119 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,958 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:16 PM

How hard is it to understand that the distance and hang time are a bigger factor than the 40 speed

Sorry, that too becomes irrelevant....on that play it was. Armanti has no moves and no confidence.

Real return men would have forced the one lone punter to change his angle and beat him. AE just sadly ran....playing right into the only thing that punter athletically could do.

Edwards isn't a NFL return man

#120 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,958 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:18 PM

It happens a lot though. I have seen Devin Hester get tackled by kickers. When it happens, its usually because the punter or kicker has a good angle.

Nah, just bc someone is tackled by a punter doesn't then make all examples of a tackle on the play comparable.

What happened to AE doesn't happen to Hester. Doesn't happen to leaser return men. AE had room to alter the one hope the punter had.

Armanti Edwards isn't a playmaker. Can't make the ones miss you ask of a return man. Can't make the first guy miss or last guy. That sums him up.

Joe Adams can't field a punt. He can make the first guy miss....with little effort. He can make the last guy miss. A punt retuner needs those 3 elements. AE can field a punt....nothing else.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com