Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chknwing

Deangelo

48 posts in this topic

Who was the last RB traded with a big contract? I have no idea, I just dont see a big market for trading either guy

Who was the last RB traded with a big contract? I have no idea, I just dont see a big market for trading either guy

And was 30.

And that hasn't had a big year in yearS.

Can't trade Williams.

I'm not sure about his contract but Clinton Portis might have been. And that was straight up for Champ Bailey. Portis was like 24 though...

I'm not sure about his contract but Clinton Portis might have been. And that was straight up for Champ Bailey. Portis was like 24 though...

6 yrs younger and coming off two back to back 1500+ seasons each with double digit TDs

He had only been in the league 2 yrs so he had to be on his rookie deal when traded

rotoworld...

DeAngelo Williams rushed 21 times for 210 yards with two touchdowns in the Panthers' 44-38 Week 17 win over the Saints.

If this turns out to be Williams' last game as a Panther, he goes out with a fluky bang. He came into this one averaging 3.46 YPC with three touchdowns on 152 totes this season and hadn't topped 100 yards since October of 2011. The breakout performance against a woeful Saints' run defense likely won't be enough for Williams to avoid getting cut. The Panthers are thought to be willing to eat an $8 million cap hit and move forward with Jonathan Stewart as their feature back next to short-yardage pounder Mike Tolbert.

I like both of our starting RBs, but with Tolbert killin it, and with Cam's added ability to run... Double trouble is a luxury we dont need anymore.

I would be fine if we kept all 3 of our backs... but if we could trade one of them for an upgrade at a position of weakness, we would be better off.

my problem has never been with deangelo's abilities...his contract is horrible...he needs to restructure or be cut...simple as that

my problem has never been with deangelo's abilities...his contract is horrible...he needs to restructure or be cut...simple as that

People struggle with that. It isn't about Williams as a stand alone RB.

About his contract and our depth. Age factors in but that is more in regards to our long term planning.

It will be interesting to hear the Deangelo haters suddenly reverse their opinion after he's gone. How many seasons of JStew sitting out 4 to 6 games before they start the "I told ya so" nonsense? I personally cannot wait until next season so I can sitting around waiting for the injury report every week. Should be a real hoot.

RIP read option

Keep D'Lo restructured....let him retire here....win-win...he's an anomily....I think he's got another year in the tank...at least