Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

An indicator that Rivera might be safe

145 posts in this topic

Posted

Then you've watched different press conferences than I have.

I repeatedly see other coaches flat out say, "put this one on me, the coaches and I didn't do a good job preparing the team this week".

Ron talks about the player's failures in execution. When has he ever come out and said "sorry, but we screwed up our offensive scheme the first part of the year, and I take responsibility for that"?

I'm going off of what Steve Smith and others have said about him.

Posted

Also give credit to Luke Kuechly, the first three losses, Keek was playing OLB. If Keek is in the middle, there is little doubt that we lose to Atl or TB as both of those teams beat us on the ground.

Posted

Then you've watched different press conferences than I have.

I repeatedly see other coaches flat out say, "put this one on me, the coaches and I didn't do a good job preparing the team this week".

Ron talks about the player's failures in execution. When has he ever come out and said "sorry, but we screwed up our offensive scheme the first part of the year, and I take responsibility for that"?

Ron says we didn't execute, Ron has never said the players didn't execute. "We" implies a team, coaches included.

Posted

If Rivera is retained we need a poll for next year to see who was for him and who was against him. Either way, there will be a lot of crow to eat.

Posted

lol this stupid shithead is taking the anonymous defender who thinks his division I-aaa quality control coaching job makes him more informed role too seriously

Posted

Mainly because it does. The same guy that recruited Julius Peppers to UNC is the same guy that I sit down and talk to on a daily basis.

The fact is, if you don't know anything about a coaching position don't talk. It just makes you look stupid.

Posted

Rivera has delivered exactly what he promised! Little Brother is getting bigger! Is it happening at the rate we desire? No, but I vote one more year! Then its playoffs or unemployment line

Posted

But it is the same as last year. Almost to a T.

Posted

Rivera has delivered exactly what he promised! Little Brother is getting bigger! Is it happening at the rate we desire? No, but I vote one more year! Then its playoffs or unemployment line

I'd agree that anything short of at least making the playoffs next year isn't good enough.

Posted

cp8789 you don't know poo about coaching in the NFL so just because you talk to some guy that promised peppers he could maintain a sub-2.0 GPA and fail almost every black history course he took and still play football at UNC doesn't mean the guy who doesn't know when to call a timeout needs a third chance

plenty of people on here that don't know what they're talking about do some coaching on the side

Posted

These past four weeks Rivera has earned his job.

So, during the course of a 16-game season, you're satisfied with a coach earning his keep using 25% of the season as criteria?

Thanks for setting the bar... now we all know what your expectations are.

Posted

This. I don't think anyone has been listening.