Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So I'm 16 (almost 17) Junior in HS... trying to decide what to think about majoring in college

63 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Go to any college.

Major in pussy.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

As someone about to graduate in May, go in undecided if you're having any confusion about what you want to do. I changed my major the summer before my Freshman year, and have wanted to change it multiple times after but wouldn't because it would put me behind. Be undecided.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Daddy Uncle' timestamp='1356964315' post='2069747']
I went to community college for two years to to get the general courses out of the way with a plan to transfer to a university. Problem is, I never went to class and didn't even get passed community college. Do better than me. I am pretty much a complete bum right now with no job.
[/quote]
This explains why you are always in a cranky mood and bashing every post you see and sight.I hope you find a job in 2013 and I wish you a happy new year in advance.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='charlotte49er' timestamp='1356941093' post='2069581']
You are way too young to know this, but.............Classic.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSxihhBzCjk[/media]

Seriously, Engineering is a great profession to go into. There are almost as many different engineering fields as there are doctors.
[/quote]

If basic high school physics is like Chinese to the kid, I would NOT recommend engineering.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='catfang' timestamp='1356969697' post='2069913']
Go to any college.

Major in pussy.
[/quote]
ayyyyyeeeee
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I was pretty torn on what I wanted t do when I was a senior. I ended up going with criminal justice. I'm lucky because it really is what I love. All of those Batman and Spiderman cartoons in the 90s wore off on me or something.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Thanks for all the advice, I'm by no means looking to settle on something now but I just want to start getting ideas on what would be some good things to look at going in to.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Starting off in Marketing. Switched to Digital Arts Tech. Now I'm doing what I love.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

too bad you don't like science, would be my suggestion... biology, biotech, depending on where you are, can lead to some awesome careers.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

learn how to grow weed dude
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I entered NC State (well still there) in the First Year College program, which is basically a place for undecided students to gather. I started out in computer science which is in engineering, but I hated science same as you and was unable to get through physics. So what did I do? Switched to business. I'm concentrating in information technology.

If you are thinking about accounting, it's a really tough major. I just think business is a good major to pick and it offers a lot of different concentrations to appeal to your tastes.

Another tidbit, I didn't find anything I learned in high school applicable to college. It doesn't prepare you at all. Of course, I didn't take any AP classes, but I took all honors. It is really a completely new experience.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

also, there are a lot of people that start out thinking they hate some topics but end up falling in love with them once they are exposed to them at the college level, so don't close yourself off to any possibilities based on high school *class* experience. think about what interests you outside of school, and what marketable skills relate to that, and which of those things you would prefer to keep as just hobbies and which you think you could build a life around.
1 person likes this