Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

NFL Coaching / GM News

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1025 replies to this topic

#685 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:22 PM

He may not be a great head coach, but boy, Rex Ryan never fails to entertain.

In his (long awaited) season-closing press conference Ryan was asked a question about the tattoo of his wife wearing a Mark Sanchez jersey. He replied that if Sanchez doesn't play better, he's going to have the tattoo artist change the jersey number :lol:

Ryan also said he needs an offense that reflects "who he is" (guess that means this offseason they'll be looking for players who are overweight, foul-mouthed and have odd fetishes).

#686 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:27 PM

He may not be a great head coach, but boy, Rex Ryan never fails to entertain.

In his (long awaited) season-closing press conference Ryan was asked a question about the tattoo of his wife wearing a Mark Sanchez jersey. He replied that if Sanchez doesn't play better, he's going to have the tattoo artist change the jersey number :lol:

Ryan also said he needs an offense that reflects "who he is" (guess that means this offseason they'll be looking for players who are overweight, foul-mouthed and have odd fetishes).

i think it means that they've got to get ryan's feet tattooed on them somewhere.

#687 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

HUDDLER

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:47 PM

Ouch :lol:

In other news, Andy Reid says he has no regrets about naming Juan Castillo his defensive coordinator when he was with the Eagles.

In related news, Bobby Beathard says that if he had to do it all over again, he'd still draft Ryan Leaf, Tom Arnold says that marrying Roseanne Barr was actually a great decision and Kevin Costner said he thinks signing on to the movie "Waterworld" was a good career move.

#688 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

HUDDLER

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:16 PM

Hooray for job security.

Per Clark Judge, Jets owner Woody Johnson has apparently told head coach Rex Ryan that even if the team doesn't make the playoffs next season, Rex won't be in any danger.

It's also been confirmed that willingness to keep and work with Ryan is a condition for any candidate wanting to be the Jets next GM.

Johnson loved the bravado and the maverick image that Rex Ryan projects as coach of the Jets.

The team is changing defensive coordinators though, Mike Pettine is being let go, with speculation that DB coach Dennis Thurman will take over.

New Bills coach Doug Marrone has been trying to get Pettine to be his DC. Looks like that quest just got a lot easier.

#689 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:28 PM

No news on John Dorsey or Tom Gamble, at least in relation to us. Shame. Both are nice candidates I think.

#690 rayzor

rayzor

Moderators

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:05 PM

Hooray for job security.

Per Clark Judge, Jets owner Woody Johnson has apparently told head coach Rex Ryan that even if the team doesn't make the playoffs next season, Rex won't be in any danger.

It's also been confirmed that willingness to keep and work with Ryan is a condition for any candidate wanting to be the Jets next GM.

Johnson loved the bravado and the maverick image that Rex Ryan projects as coach of the Jets.

The team is changing defensive coordinators though, Mike Pettine is being let go, with speculation that DB coach Dennis Thurman will take over.

New Bills coach Doug Marrone has been trying to get Pettine to be his DC. Looks like that quest just got a lot easier.

the jets are turning into one of those few organizations that i look at and say, "well, it could be worse...look at them." of course that's under the probably wrong assumption that richardson hasn't done the same thing in saying that rivera's job is safe playoffs or not.

#691 rayzor

rayzor

Moderators

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:06 PM

No news on John Dorsey or Tom Gamble, at least in relation to us. Shame. Both are nice candidates I think.

it would bother me if we didn't have a couple other really strong candidates in ross and gettleman.

#692 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

HUDDLER

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:09 PM

Gamble's ties to Bill Polian and his son probably preclude him from being a serious candidate here.

#693 rayzor

rayzor

Moderators

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:35 PM

Gamble's ties to Bill Polian and his son probably preclude him from being a serious candidate here.

agreed.

#694 Boltergeist

Boltergeist

you can't spell Mayock without MC

HUDDLER

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:57 PM

Apparently if you've slept at a Holiday Inn Express recently, you're a candidate for the Bears job. There's currently a working list of 13.

As for ex-Bear coaches, Lovie's got a Philly interview on Thursday

#695 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

HUDDLER

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:05 PM

Heard some teams are accusing the Bears of pulling the old Al Davis trick (using coaching interviews to try to gain inside info on opponents).

Not sure if it's anything that sinister but dang. At this rate they'll eventually be interviewing me :unsure:

#696 UNCrules2187

UNCrules2187

SUPPORTER

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:19 PM

Cardinals have hired Steve Keim to be their GM: http://arizonasports...teve-Keim-as-GM