Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Love for lovie? Chicago axed coach

37 posts in this topic

Posted

Lovie is okay, like a poor mans Fox. He can succeed in the right situation- we are not the right situation. To pull a bad franchise out of the basement you need more than average.

Posted

Lovie waited way too long to create an offense, when he got the three skill positions their OL was junk.

Lovie is a very good D coach, but needs to figure out that offense is still needed to win.

Posted

Peppers has infected that whole team with "take a play off sydrome"

Posted

Lovie Smith as DC for me all day.

Turner as OC and Chico stays as HC, I'm fine.

Posted

Lovie Smith as DC for me all day.

Turner as OC and Chico stays as HC, I'm fine.

rivera leaving chicago was lovie's idea because rivera wasn't lovie's choice for a DC and the first opportunity he had to move on from rivera he took it.

the problem, aside from lovie wanting someone else, was that the two defensive styles were very different. rivera comes from the jim johnson 4-3 (a very aggressive/attack defense) and lovie comes from the dungy tampa 2 system...which is a bend/don't break, soft cover defense whose goal was to prevent the big play.

their styles didn't mesh.

Posted

oh...and whose idea was it to put mike tice in charge of the offense?

and then mike martz before that?

not trusting at all his taste in OCs.

do not want.

Posted

rivera leaving chicago was lovie's idea because rivera wasn't lovie's choice for a DC and the first opportunity he had to move on from rivera he took it.

the problem, aside from lovie wanting someone else, was that the two defensive styles were very different. rivera comes from the jim johnson 4-3 (a very aggressive/attack defense) and lovie comes from the dungy tampa 2 system...which is a bend/don't break, soft cover defense whose goal was to prevent the big play.

their styles didn't mesh.

I know that, just wishful thinking and due to having connections between them. I'd take Lovie and Norv over Sean and Chud anyday.

Posted

i'd be surprised if he doesn't land a HC gig somewhere, but i'd be shocked if it was here.

DC? maybe so, but i'm not even convinced mcdermott isn't the answer.

Posted

Lovie is very similar to Norv.....Great coordinator, Terrible head coach.

Posted

Lovie is a good coach. My personal feeling is that the Bears made a mistake,

Posted

Lovie looks like a very good coach in some regards and then he looks terrible in others

Posted

Didnt he play the dad on Good Times?