Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

beastson

Josh Norman Was Really Benched

51 posts in this topic

Is this a shock? He got more than enough snaps to show his olay corner back play is not working. Are we complaining now that Rivera made a move to improve the defense... i know its different posters but Damn.. Never seen the Huddle so schitzo.

That's a great stat. It shows our improvement. Too bad we are bottom half in bringing up 3rd downs, so we could get opponents off the field more. Also giving up 5.3 yards per play, need to get that under 4.

Not trying to discredit our D. Its vastly improved from last year. Just not quite top 10 yet.

Under 4yds/play is unheard of, the realistic amount is closer to 4.7-4.8.

Anyone using cumulative averages for the season to discuss the defense really need to talk about the average for the past 5 or 6 weeks versus the first 10 or 11. No one thinks that the defense in the first half of the year was anything to emulate. But the last 5 or 6 games were a very different story I think. I wonder how the stats from the first 10 games compares to the last 6. I want the defense we had at the end of the year.

Under 4yds/play is unheard of, the realistic amount is closer to 4.7-4.8.

Oh snap, I meant to say under 5. Under 4 is insane. lol

As I said, we're not far off top 10. A DT, FS and better CB depth and we should be good.

Double post

i would like to see norman play in a defense where he isn't asked to play 10 yards off. i think the last play he was in was that short TD to roddy which any corner would have allowed. unless you wanna tell me that norman lasted 12 games or w/e playing off when the coaches wanted him pressing.

the good thing is that we found out josh thomas and james dockery might be worth keeping around. those two, gamble, and norman could be a good quartet. maybe captain if we re-sign him or dee milliner in the first round.

i would like to see norman play in a defense where he isn't asked to play 10 yards off. i think the last play he was in was that short TD to roddy which any corner would have allowed. unless you wanna tell me that norman lasted 12 games or w/e playing off when the coaches wanted him pressing.

the good thing is that we found out josh thomas and james dockery might be worth keeping around. those two, gamble, and norman could be a good quartet. maybe captain if we re-sign him or dee milliner in the first round.

Norman wasn't asked to play 10 yards off, he's just not a physical guy. He looks really intimidated by big WR's. He doesn't jam at the LOS, try to reroute or otherwise disrupt the CB before the ball is thrown.

I think we have too many 3rd CBs. We need a true #2. Maybe that's Norman or maybe not. I just know we can't keep all of them. And usually the youngest prevail. I'm not optimistic of Munnerlyn's return. I have a feeling we're going to try to upgrade the #2 spot and have that person compete with Norman with Thomas and Dockery backing them up. Munnerlyn already expressed his displeasure of being a backup. Move on from him and give him a chance to start elsewhere if he can.

I think we start Thomas and Norman with Captain at NB in '13.

Gamble's age, frailty and contract will usher him out.

1 person likes this

Well I didn't really expect a 5th round pick to go blow the league up in his first year anyway.